Chapter 55

Izuku couldn't wait to go home.

When he had woken up in the hospital he was in a panic.

What had happened to him!? What had happened to the kids?!

He had panicked so much that the doctors had to knock him out just to keep him from hurting himself further.

Once he had calmed down and been given a little time to recover, he heard from the doctors what had happened to him.

He had overworked himself, which caused a myriad of health problems, including extreme exhaustion.

And what's worse is that the strain he put on his body had weakened his immune system, meaning he was quite sick.

Which made sense because Izuku felt like crap.

He could barely move, he felt like he was going to vomit at any moment, pain would randomly course through his body from time to time, he was coughing a lot(fortunately no more blood came out), and he had nasty headaches.

In other words, he had abused his body and so now it was abusing him.

But none of that mattered at the time, because none of the Doctors could tell him what was happening with his children.

Fortunately, D.O.C. showed up and explained everything.

The Kids had called him an ambulance, and after that, they called the Pussy Cats, as he requested, and they came as quickly as they could.

Izuku made a mental note to get them a nice gift for their troubles.

D.O.C. said that they would transfer him back to the house soon, with all the hospital equipment he would need, and some doctors would come from the house to check up on him and do whatever they would need to do to make sure Izuku recovered.

After that, his mother visited.

They had had a tearful reunion which was pretty much the only way to describe it, as the two basically spent the entire time crying.

After her, he expected maybe Ochaco to visit, but that was about it.

What he had not expected was for his mother, Nezu, All Might(skinny form), Ochaco, Namae, and Mandalay to visit him...all at once.

"O-Oh...hey guys?" Izuku coughed, his hoarse voice filled with shock at seeing all these people crowded around him.

"Midoriya, this is an intervention," Nezu told him.

"You can't do this job on your own sweetheart," Inko told him, looking so concerned and worried that it broke Izuku's heart to even look at her. "Look at what you've done to yourself, Izuku you can't do this again."

"The kids were completely heartbroken when this happened." Mandalay looked so sad. And guilt stabbed into Izuku because he knew why. She was over there with the kids, watching them in their depressed and heartbroken states. And they were all hurting because of him!

"Young Midoriya, I understand that maybe I'm not the best person to be saying this, but it needs to be said. You can't do everything alone. Everyone needs a support system." All Might for a reason Izuku couldn't comprehend looked guilty. Like he was personally responsible for what happened to Izuku. And that made Izuku feel guilty in return.

"And we've been telling you this for months!" Ochaco didn't yell, but you could still clearly hear the frustration in her voice, which was also made evident by her expression.

"Listen to 'em kid. Think about how badly it would affect the kids if you died." Namae told him. It was pretty obvious that she was just here to make sure Izuku didn't get himself in this situation again. Because that would be really bad for her.