Chapter Six

it's 7:30am and lorna is exhausted. Classes don't start till 8:30 but she had to take a quick shower and relax a bit before even stepping out that door. She grabbed a long sleeve shirt to hide her bruises. it was only 90 degrees outside, but Lorna didn't care. She didn't want Peter finding out or making it to a bigger problem then it already was. she looked at herself one last time in the mirror. "what did you get yourself into." she sighs then leaves her room. Everyone looks happy and cheerful at this school, Lorna still didn't understand or grasp the concept of being content with life.

"LORNA.'' Peter yelled across the hall. Lorna was so excited to see Peter she just ran to him. lorna always hated the fact that Peter was always gone from home. Just because he was a part of this thing called the X-men. "i haven't seen you in awhile, how's it going sis." he puts his arm around lorna as they walk to first period together. "we saw each other yesterday." She abruptly laughs "it's going good,i'm slowly making new friends i think." "well that is just great." He put Lorna in a chokehold then balled his hand into a fist and started rubbing the top of her head.

"you ass hat, get off of me." she tried slapping him away and it surprisingly worked. "asshat, that's new." "I've been saving that for you, it's a very special name, the name also brings out your eyes." Lorna batters her eyes at peters. Peter pushes her head away and enters class. "I sit here." Peter tells me as we walk past his desk. "Well I'm going to sit in the back." she faked a smile and sat at the back. "Hello class, we will be learning about magnetic fields." here we go Lorna thought.

All of Lorna's classes had ended, she was exhausted, wanting nothing more than to take a nap. She realized how boring and plain her life has become, she didn't want to be like that forever, she missed the excitement and the rush when she got in trouble at school because of her powers. She got kicked out of high school because they didn't want a mutant there, or else they were gonna call the sentinels to come and capture her. She walked into her room and looked at all of those boxes stacked. she finally realized that she hasn't even unpacked her stuff, nor moved anything to make it feel more like a room.

She carried  her Record player that was sitting on top of one of her luggages, that looked like it was about to collapse at any given moment and plugged it in. she didn't hear anything about the rules about playing loud music so that's exactly what she did. she grabbed the record by the romantics and played the song talking in your sleep. she was once again dancing while putting her clothes away, she put picture frames on top of her dresser of her and peter or her and her mom or some pictures of all of them. She stared at them for a good minute and continued to place things where they needed to go and organized things.

She found her old friendship bracelet kit where she made bracelets but since she didn't have any friends she just made them for peter. Peter has a collection of the bracelets at home and some at the school. He never fails to wear them every single day. Lorna smiles at the kit and puts it on top of her dresser as she was gonna make Scott and Hank one.

Once again Lorna only had 30 mins to meet Erik in the training room and that's what she did, she put on some new clothes and grabbed her water bottle and ran. good thing no one was inside the school or else she would've gotten caught. Everyone is outside enjoying themselves.

Scott came to drop off some food and snacks earlier when she was putting stuff away. Peter also came in to check on her a couple of times which was very sweet of them.  Scott is a dear and true friend to Lorna but Lorna doesn't know if he could hold that best friend title.

Lorna is a complicated person, which means that she had to find someone that can deal with her the slightest bit and it'll be enough.

"i'm here." Lorna yelled as she was out of breath, gasping for air. "You are so out of shape." Erik just laughed and started to throw punches at Lorna but all she did was dodge them. "Let me catch my breath, jesus." Lorna coughs while bending over with her arms resting on her knees. "The enemies won't let you catch your breath, you have to learn and be resistant." Erik circled around Lorna. ''well shit" she thought, she was gonna get her ass kicked.

It was the next day and she found herself asleep on the medical bed. She was highly confused and very much sore. "Good morning to you too." she heard a familiar voice as she turned around it was hank. "Oh hey, what am I doing down here?" Lorna looked around the room as it was dimmed down. "I should be asking you the same question." Hank gently laughs and hands her some coffee. That's when she realized that he gave her a pillow and a blanket so she can sleep comfortably. "Thank you so much Hanky." She laughs as she takes a sip of her coffee.

"I would've liked the name handsome, smart, courageous or even nerd but you decided to go with HANKY? really bringing my ego down Lorna." He just laughs as he scoots in a chair to sit next to her . "Look, I thought it was a good ugly name." "so you think i'm ugly." "Hold on, that is not what I said." she starts to laugh, almost spilling her coffee, only a couple of drops spilled. "here.'' Hank tries to hand her a handkerchief cause she spilled some coffee but instead started to wipe her chin for her. Lorna slowy sets her coffee aside as they both look into eachothers eyes.

"Thanks." Lorna is now nose to nose with hank. "My pleasure." he trailed his words into a soft whisper. They both started to lean in but then quickly pulled away. "i'm sorry." they both said at the same time. "i should go." Lorna grabs her water bottle from the table. "no, i'm sorry i shouldn't have done that, it was very
unprofessio-." Hank was cut off by Lorna giving him a kiss on the cheek. "it's okay, don't worry about it, you had good intentions and your a good guy." She smiles lightly at him as she heads towards the sliding doors. "see you later hanky."

—————————————————————————

Hey loves !!! i know the story is starting off slow but i promise it'll get better !!! if you have any questions or concerns DM me !!