Chapter Eight

"wake up dumbass." Scott taps her with his foot. "Leave me alone, I was comfortable." Lorna rolled over on the grass so her stomach was now facing the ground. "Are you drunk, did you get drunk without me." Scott was in disbelief on why Lorna would ever do such a thing. "No, I'm not drunk you asshat." She lets out a soft laugh and grabs his ankle. "Are you on drugs, cause that's very unhealthy and you need he-" scott couldn't even finish his sentence before he was down on the ground with lorna. Lorna just kept laughing forgetting that her make up crying stains were on her face.

"god you're such a dumb- hey are you okay.'' Scott quickly looks at her and puts his hand on her cheek. "ya why, quit being weird." she slapped his hand away from her face. "have you been crying." "no who said that." "you're face." "oh my gawddd." Lorna laughs and she heads towards the sprinklers. Scott catches up to Lorna and he notices that she is happier than usual and very talkative. "what are you doing." Lorna didn't respond, she just got in front of the sprinkler. started to rinse her face off but when she was done her clothes were already wet.

"Come here scott ." Lorna reaches her hand out for him to take. "I don't know lorna, it's probably recycled water." "Oh shut up." Lorna pulled him towards the spirklers with her and started running towards the field full of sprinklers. it was in fact the weekend so they had all the time in the world to play with the sprinklers. "don't slip," Scott said as he was catching his balance. "I wasn't planning on it." they both didn't notice that half of the school was playing in the sprinklers, it was kinda a shocker to Both Lorna and Scott that they made the morning fun.

Lorna slips on a wet patch of dirt. "What did I tell you?" Scott offers his hand to her. "God, you know it all." She pulls him down again next to her as the sprinklers start to turn off. Everyone started to boo but there was nothing they could've done.

Lorna saw Peter looking out his window directly at her but he closed it fast. She wants to forgive Peter but hiding something so big just from her wasn't like him. She was the first one who knew about the X-Men group and about how he broke into the pentagon.

"Are you okay?" Scott gets up as he holds his hand out to her. "ya i'm great, just a little all over the place." She gladly takes his hands and stands up. "it's a very common thing for you." "Oh shut up." she smacks his stomach and runs inside all wet. "Lorna." Scott ran to grab her as the words let his mouth. Lorna quickly ran up the stairs and opened the door to a random room. She let out a big sigh as she was in safe hiding. She hears someone fake coughing behind her as she is looking at the door. "fuck." she whispered to herself and turned around. "Oh I should just go."Lorna said as she realized it was Hank's room. Hank quickly got up "Lorna wait." "What do you want?"

"i'm sorry for not talking to you, i don't even have an excuse to say why but i just get really nervous around you, especially what happened that night." Hank rambles on. "Oh shut up, you could've talked to me, you could've reached out or have done something if you actually cared about our friendship." Lorna reached for the door knob but she didn't realize how close Hank was to the door. She tried to open it but Hank's hand was holding it closed. "Please listen to me." He looked down at her as he was only a foot and a couple of inches taller than her. "what Hank, you fucked up, i tried to talk but you kept ignoring me."

"Let me out." Lorna keeps tugging on the doorknob. "I was only doing that cause I cared about you, just please give me another chance." Hank pleaded. "Fine, now let me out." "nah i actually like this position, being superior and on top of you." Lorna couldn't help but laugh, she opened the door when she realized that Hank took his hand off.