Chapter 05: Strawberries and Worries.

███████████████████

Cale opens his eyes once he felt something wet from his cheeks. He immediately knew who those cold hands belong to, it was a small little baby who goes by the name Rye Callus Henituse and is giggling cheekily, thinking he is getting away by playing with his father's face.

"Boo."

The red-haired blankly says, the child accidentally slapped his mouth with a squeal and almost choked him.

Cale coughs and sat up briefly, the wet liquid in his lips and cheeks, smeared with a messy, white substance that was likely milk.

"Rye Callus!"

Cale sighs and grabbed a clothe from wherever and wiped his face to get it off. 

The baby in question was simply covering his face with his tiny hands as if attempting to hide his self. It doesn't work but he'll play along.

Despite this child being mature and not crying too much (sans the nightmares—), he's still quite childish like it's second nature. Which is nice to see, sometimes. Rye, despite being very calm and understanding, is quite devilish on his own.

He would either be having fun from playing with his hair or accessories or just simply make himself noisy so he would get annoyed and then he'd have to suffer holding a seventh month old in his hands, having a fun time in his slumber.

"Rye, you shouldn't do that..." Cale chastised, his furrowed brows deepen before soothing out to a neutral expression. A troublemaker in the flesh, mother's infant, alright but it was his son now, so technically speaking, his personality might as well came from him.

Completely shaking away the sleepiness and stiffness, Cale placed his hand on the head of Rye and ruffled his thin hair softly.

"Wauu..auw~" And there goes the noticeable demand again.

Cale absent-mindedly nods to whatever the little red was saying, he is still sleepy and it's not helping the fact that he actually agreed to go have a breakfast with the others. Can he stay in the loaf of blankets?

Never mind. Rye is giving him a judgemental look for some reason.

Standing up and carefully putting Rye into a safe position where pillows are made around him as he sits, Cale took his time to get ready.

Thank his ancestors that he remembered that he ordered Ron to not let the servants do their job, he has a child to hide - he doesn't want inconsistencies when it could harm his son.

"Speaking of, should I try to contact with Hyung-nim?" Cale mindlessly spoke, as he fixed his collar with ease and whilst earning Rye's attention.

He needed someone that could cover him with an explainable and reasonable intentions.

He needed someone that would help him despite this, and besides, he knows one personally.

The Hyung-nim he spoke of was naturally Eric Whilsman. A childhood friend, per se. He was the type of guy that is uptight and is very cautious of everything that he has to overthink of the situation and list out possibilities. Eric is very clever and a quick-thinker, but sometimes, he's a bit too bad on days and he would end up in Cale's list of don't interact. There's also a possibility he might end up taking this way worse with how young he currently is, having been said that it was currently the fourteenth of the 780th year in the eleventh month of the calendar. He is still somewhat seventeen.

"Baby," Cale took the silent child who was dozing off from the bed.

The child still remains unresponsive and in a daze which as to Cale sighs, "Alright... Ron will be taking care of you whilst Papa'll be at the dining room."