Chapter 16: Gilded Craze.

████████████████████

The city was quite jolly. In the first hours of the day, people had already started to make a shift and do their business, opening up the various establishments. For a surely deceiving face, Cale makes sure to get more silver coins rather than gold to avoid suspicion of being a young master.

After all, one wrong move, and it's off with his head. Not literally, of course, but it's how graphic his situation could be. You never know!

So, now, as the day starts anew with two redheads in disguise and a young boy with the hair of charcoal - all walk in the same pace, though Choi Han tries to stop to be a feet behind - of course, the attempts failed as Cale stops to stare at him with a questioning gaze.

"Let's go to the local tailor. The dresses the lovely old lady makes is quite high in fibre," Cale looks at the small boutique in front of him then towards the black-haired teen who was looking at him like he was crazy, "Worry not, I have money."

Choi Han pursed his lips, "Still, isn't it a bit weird for an outsider you met yesterday waste so much of your money?"

The redhead sighed, clearly, he wouldn't be doing that in the first place if he didn't want to but since he has the maternal instinct to just grab this sea urchin's neck and put it into a nice condition, the money on the vault clearly wouldn't be usurped that much. (Right???)

"Choi Han, stop it. Right now." Cale commanded and pointed his stare at the younger looking man. "Inside. Now."

Choi Han pouted, suddenly thinking that looking too young meant more patronising and scolding.

The Korean lip thinned before following the instructions with a slightly heavy heart. He kinda doesn't want to do this shopping. It reminds him of something, but he doesn't remember.

As the two walked in with the bells ringing, the two teens and a very, very sleepy redhead in disguise looked around, one with nonchalance while the other with awe.

"Do they have one set of colour?" Choi Han asked, wanting to touch some of the clothes but stopped himself from doing so.

"Perhaps, but don't you dare choose only black clothing."

Choi Han blinked towards his—(what does he call him? he can't exactly call him adoptive father because he is pretty sure he is older than this teen father's grandfather and that there should be some papers that are needed when adopting)—guardian. Yeah, okay, let's go with that.

Why did he seem so offended at the thought of having only one colour, though? Choi Han thinks it's a great idea!

"There's nothing—" Cale swiftly cut through his defence.

"Surely, you could use your looks at least. I can not deny that you look good with black but you need to bring your colour out more." Cale sighs as if it was obvious, "Charcoal makes you look pale and sickly, the good quality shows of your... hm, muscular lines. However, colour is not lost on that, too."

Cale moves away and turns his body wholly to look at him. Rye, on his hips, stares at him with equally judgemental eyes before a smile appears that Choi Han's right eye twitches.

It seems Rye still has problems with him. The Korean has a bad feeling about this...

"Rye, don't you think Han-ie needs to try out all the colours?" What.

"Buh. Aheummm." Rye seriously can't be agreeing.

"Well, Rye says so." What the fuck.