Chapter 17: Fluorescent Pains.

Kim Rok Soo was thinking about whether to stall or not. Perhaps, that was a very short time to mull over something since Choi Han just happened to be there at the same time. He was likely going to give the man a heart attack, though. Thoroughly deserved, nonetheless. Well, maybe not but he needed to get him back somehow since his lovely parent decided to use all his treasured money went to this guy's needs. Hmph, well whatever.

Anyway, it would be really bad if Choi Han were to actually to come such a conclusion. So, for him to play the part, he's going to act like a curious and oblivious baby—and destroy his shitty little paper making. It was a bit embarrassing that Choi Han caught him.

...

Who was he kidding? He did that on purpose, he spooked the guy out of petty conscience.

"Yo, my bad." Rye picked up the pieces of shredded paper and messed it all up. Obviously not caring too much of the horror on the teen's face. Choi Han made some disgustingly unbearable noises that is in between a choked gargle or a squeal. He's vividly not having the best moment, of course, Rye can understand but can he keep the disgusting noises on minimum? It is so not nice.

The silence still goes on with Choi Han wordlessly walking out of the living room and straight to his 'training ground' which was just on the other side of the hall from the kitchen where the exit is. Rye, a kid, is left there on his own.

. . . 

"This is the dumbest moment of my life," Rye's frown deepened as he pouted, crossing his chubby arms together but ends up hugging his self. His frown fell into a more solemn look, "I hate this body."

Some certain things restricts his actions and freedom to do whatever he pleases, it was annoying, to say the least. But you know what? It is time to defeat the laws of physics and start learning how to run. Learning how to sit up all by himself was tiring already (although the results never fail to make him feel proud. Whenever he does things that should be developed later, Cale's always there to give rather honest and genuine but over-exaggerated reactions).

"How old am I again...?" Rye mumbled, looking at his plump fingers that look like hot dogs. My, he misses food like that. Kimchi, too. Honestly, all the Korean food. If only he could make his lovely, kind-of a pushover parent make them.

Oh wait, he could. Couldn't he? Just not right now.  Maybe when he has long fingers so he can write down those measly ingredients. If he can't find a few of those ingredients, maybe he can get a substitute for it? Ugh, all these talk about his country food has him hungry, his stomach can vouch with a roar.

Welp. Time to take out the guns.

In the quiet afternoon of the house, a loud wail erupts that reverberated through thin walls. Cale's body quickly tensed and abandoned Choi Han's room in order to know why his child was crying. And so loudly at that.

Cale passed by Choi Han in the hallway, muttering to himself with a lifeless look on his face. Okay, now that was weird. Cale had thought with a frown and headed straight towards the living room.

"Rye? Baby? Are you alright?" Cale worriedly peeked his head but then saw a sight that caused a great shock.

Rye was standing wobbly on his feet holding on to the couch while wailing, he looks frustrated at something because he keeps on slamming his teddy on the couch.

Cale brightened up at the development, Rye didn't do as much like the other babies had seen and it had him worried. He remembered his mum telling him about his own milestones and he had not seen Rye going most of what is done, other than attempting to talk.

"Rye- baby! Careful, honey. What did the bear do to you?" Cale asked, sighing as he picked up the fussy baby who was pouting.

"Au... ahhh! Auu, awuuu....am. Huuu..." Rye pointed at himself then gestured his small plump arms to make a rainbow(?). The older redhead tilted his head at his son's actions. He doesn't get it until Rye harrumphed softly.