Chapter 06: Before then.

████████████████████

Cale was never good at lying to his sibling, well, if you push aside that most of them were about protection then well, maybe -- but Cale can't feel like lying today. Not when the question seemed so heavy and expectant.

Cale had already decided to go to their new house, he doesn't really need a few things that are here.

The golden accessories that were usually hanging from his stand were all taken along with because Rye likes them a lot, extensively, holding them as if it were the most precious thing in the world.

Although it does sound foreign to actually leave the house on a decisive basis and not an impulsive whim, Cale has to do it for their own good.

There are too many rats around, he doesn't want history to repeat itself.

Rye having to fend for himself because they think that he is an 'illegitimate' child, getting bullied without him knowing or possibly getting bruises out of nowhere. Just getting these subtle treatment would make his blood boil.

He also doesn't want his loveable son to know of those dangerous snakes, the ones who starved and locked him out once. Rye doesn't need the luxury of a life where he is only surrounded by materials, he needs an honest and genuine life with a great and comfortable environment that is enough for his mentality.

It was the least he could do.

It was the least he could do for a red-headed child to feel love and attention rather than everyone leaving at once.

The silence stretches out for a moment, the tension between the two highlights the atmosphere with an indescribable feeling that seemed to weigh downhill.

Bassen took deep breaths and gradually took a step back, "I, I see. I'm-- I won't stop you... if that's what Hyung-nim wishes... then I don't, I don't see any point on disagreeing with his decisions."

Cale Henituse heaves out a sigh as he sees the expected reaction.

That stoic and indifferent exterior that he has always seen stays despite the little stutters and twitches his hands make.

Sigh, maybe, maybe that small hope was as useless as before. Maybe hoping that little Bassen would have to protest about it was just practically putting yourself down and bruised.

The red-headed male simply looks over to the two busy children who seem to be having a serious conversation.

"Gasp! Really??" Lily questions with wide eyes as Rye nods, huffing as he does then goes babbling again. Using the 'toys' that he didn't want to convey the imagery of whatever they were talking about.

Cale's brows furrow in amusement as he watched Rye take a hold of the dragon as another doll that had a knight's clothes attack the dragon and then he makes this sad babble of noises.

Rye is really good with emotion expressions through onomatopoeia - speaking of which, this child is quite brilliant and intelligent. He's also making his own story with just toys, he doesn't even need to improvise as Lily looked like she understood it. Hm... maybe his mother was right. Rye is a natural at being intelligent.

"Oh no! The knight killed the lonely dragon. Aww, the dragon was cute for being friends with another animal too!" Lily solemnly comments at the story. Rye blinked two times before showing another character using a doll that was made into a pup.

"Oh? Another character?"

"Ya!" Rye nods in satisfaction.

Cale scoffs out a light chuckle at the display before looking towards the brown-haired teen who was looking towards the two.