21

SO THIS CHAPTER HAS SOME SERIOUS DRAMA AND LEADS UP TO THE EVENTS OF SEASON 3. VOTE, COMMENT, AND ENJOY.

BILLY

"Where's Raya?" I demanded.

Steve looked up from his breakfast cooking on the stove. "How am I supposed to know? You two are sleeping together."

I rolled my eyes and headed outside and to my car. I hopped in and turned on the engine, listening to it roar. Then I changed gears and slammed on the gas pedal.

About twenty minutes later, I made it to the Byers house.

I knocked on the door and Jonathan opened it, obviously still waking up.

"What are you doing here?"

"Looking for Raya."

"Um, she left around six this morning according to Will." He responded, wiping his eyes.

"When did she come here?"

"At like four, she gave us a scare. We thought we were being robbed." He sighed. "Are you guys fighting or something?"

"No."

"She was just acting strange. She seemed so careless and heartless and she, I don't know, something seemed off."

"Alright, thanks."

I turned around and headed back to my car. I then raced towards Starcourt Mall.

I stopped by Scoops Ahoy to check if she was there. Then I went to where she worked.

I still couldn't find her.

I swore and looked over to the left. From the window, I could see her and a bunch of other people doing yoga.

I stood by the exit, waiting for her.

Once she slipped out the door, I grabbed her sweaty wrist and pulled her away from the crowd of shoppers.

"What are you doing?" I hissed.

"I wanted to try yoga. I thought about jazzercise but it was very packed and so yoga it is."

"You just left, not even a note. You've been becoming more distant."

"I just need space, okay? It's not that serious."

"Why do you need space?"

"I just do."

"That's not an answer!" I snapped.

She scoffed. "Its none of your business, Billy! Grow up!"

"You grow up!"

"You always do this-"

"Worry about you?"

"Yeah!" She shouted. "I don't need your help! Okay, I don't need you."

"Raya, I don't know what the hell is going on-"

"You're the problem, Billy!" She snapped. "You're toxic, abusive-"

"I have never hit you." He snapped.

"Others."

"They're not you."

"I can't believe I ever cared for you. You mean nothing to me. We are done. You hear me? We're done."