I'M THE ONE TO DECIDE

ELIDETH'S POV

Radio Gaga smelt like success and not only because I got privileged information as a girl coming from the future. Roger had been years as the only member of Queen who hadn't written a number 1 hit. It was hard to understand to someone alien to this world or not been able to share uncountless hours with them seeing them working. Everyone had made a hit, some more than one like Freddie and the blonde deserved his own hit. And I guess though he didn't say it, he had that resentment.

I guess he had to thank first his son Felix's mumbling words and that irresistible and sticky title, Radio Gaga. From my point of view, Roger had his number 1 just when he deserved it. Before, his compositions both musically and lyrically, were not exceptional as Deaky's could be. But that was only my point of view.

Despite the fact that The Works marked the moment of their awaited meeting after taking a breather from each other and then needing each other so much, there were so many rows like in Hot Space sessions. Roger's future hit left in the air as Roger and Dom went out for a sky holiday at Gstaddt. It was usual in the middle of the recording some of them ran away to do something else and come back afresh.

The relationship between Roger and Freddie was extremely special and close, shellproof, that's why my husband dared to take the blonde's song and add up several things without him being present. He would have never done that with a Brian's song and with Deaky maybe haven't either as he was away. But doing something so risky just owing to the fact that they had a top level confidence between them.

The thing is whatever Freddie's contribution, that gave the song the definitive push to become from something interesting to a real hit. The singer's instinct to know what could be successful and couldn't was enviable.

And when Roger, looking so tanned after his weekend skying, returned and found, according his own words, another new song, that didn't bother him at all. Quite the opposite, he was fascinated with Freddie's ideas and they didn't pull apart from each other in days. Polishing and removing things, building up the structure that the Persian had proposed. It was one of my favourite moments at Record Plant.

AMANDINE'S POV

Wish and I were deadlocked. We had apologized with each other for our past excesses but there was nothing alike to a closer relationship. We could talk and look at each other and that was already a triumph. But I noticed she was still wearing an armour against me and whenever I felt that, I became more private. If only she could have shown me enough confidence, I would have told her about the strange incident some weeks back in the park but I tried to play it down.

That mysterious woman who seemed to be out of some old movie, didn't profile as Sally. Besides, she had a very particular accent from Birmingham like Elideth's and I didn't hear it. What I did feel was some kind of danger and I didn't know why. They were just two warm sentences about the boy but I recalled feeling myself threaten and not knowing exactly the reason.

It seemed quite obvious that Sally's goal could be easily Farrokh. I didn't think that she wanted to attack Freddie or Elideth as she tried some years ago.

- Why are you so stubborn and still keep your load of antirretrovirals under lock and key?

- Do you want me to tell you again I don't trust you?

- Well, I just can't understand it. Your mistrust has no foundation at all. Why do you think I'm not trustworthy? Tell me why.

- Why? Each one of your damn words and the way you stormed into the mission wanting to introduce things that will hurt Elideth eventually. Don't you ever touch her, okay?