09

09

I'm wearing a simple white shirt, jeans and boots. Four days passed and finally my period was over! I was walking in the library, Dad called me. I looked at his assistant outside of the door. He smiled at me and greeted me good morning, so I greeted back. Matagal na siyang naninilbihan sa Daddy ko and until now he's still here.

Sumara ang pinto saktong pagpasok ko. Dad is holding a white paper. Salubong ang kilay niya habang binabasa ang nakapaloob na sulat doon. He slightly turn his chair until it straight into me. Tinapunan niya ako tingin.

"Why did you call me, dad?" I asked. Ibinaba niya ang hawak niya at pinagsiklop ang kanyang dalawang kamay.

"I gave you a chance to choose your path but don't forget what target you need to have. Be the top among them," he said calmly. "I will never meddle in your life, I'll give your freedom to choose whatever you want." Napatitig ako sa mata niya. He's serious about what he said.

Humugot ako ng hininga. "Aren't you going to break that promise, right dad?" paninigurado ko.

"This is not a promise, it's a deal. In this world, promises are meant to be broken. They faded and went like a bubble. Don't believe promises that make you insane." Sumandal siya sa kanyang swivel chair. He stretched his arms to straighten his suit.

"I'm accepting it... I'm accepting everything you dare because I want you to be proud of me..." I faltered. "Can my dad be proud of me?" He looked away from me and never glanced at me. Sinapo ko ang luha sa aking pisingi.

Ibinaling ko ang tingin sa bintana ng sasakyan. I'm listening to music while watching the rain drops. The sky is gray and the clouds is dark. I looked at the reflection in the window of the car, lachrymose and prosaic. I feel pain when I remember how Dad disparage me but I still fighting as his daughter. He don't know I suffer every night crying because of him.

I always try to be calm, handle my emotions and act like nothing happened.

My eyes is empty while looking outside of our room. Mas lumakas ang ulan sa labas kasabay ng pag kulob at pag kidlat. I looked at Heewon whose looking outside. Tumagal ang tingin ko sa kanya until I saw something. His body is bit shaking. I don't know that he's easily to be cold.

Suddenly I remember that I took his hoodie before I went to school. I stood up and went to his seat. He didn't pay me any attention. Why do I feel that I'm the reason why he's shaking with a cold?

Inilapag ko ito ng dahan-dahan sa kanyang desk to not get his attention but he caught me and now looking at me. "You can have your hoodie. I'm the one who washed it so it's clean." Napatitig siya doon like he's thinking of something.

"I liked the chocolate you gave to me," I said. He looked up. I saw a small smile lining his lips. I remember how I enjoyed that night eating the chocolate that he gave me and I forgot to sleep because of it.

Bumalik ako sa aking upuan. We're just waiting for our break. I want to buy a hot choco, it's coincident with the weather today. When our professor declares that we can leave and take our break I quickly stand up.

My foot stopped for a second. Pinagmasdan ko si Heewon na nakatulog sa desk niya. He's now wearing his hoodie. Naabutan ko sa labas si Jenry na naghihintay sa akin. My excitement went disappeared. "Do you want some hot drinks?" he asked. I can't take down his offer even I want. But at least I can have my hot choco for free.

Nasa loob kami ng coffee shop here in the academy. Nasa tapat kami ng malaking glass window. The rain didn't stop. It's already 10 am in the morning. Madilim ang paligid na tila hapon na. You really can't understand the weather is.