Chapter 9

Ryder's Pov

The elevator door opened and we stepped out. I looked around and nothing has really changed.

I remember the last time I was here. Mom and I had a fight about me moving out of National City.
I changed my name from Ryder Grant to Ryder Lynn since I was so mad and I wanted nothing to do with her.

Of course we reconciled later on but I can still feel a gap between us.

I watched as everyone was greeting her and they all seemed intimidated, yep that's my mom for you. As we walked to her office,my mom suddenly stopped.

I saw her look at a blonde girl with glasses. I narrowed my eyes,
she looks so familiar.

"Kiera? You're back!" She exclaimed.

For some reason,she never looked at me and Jake at all. In fact,she looks as if she doesn't want to be here.

"Finally, can you come to my office please" I almost choked on thin air. Did my mom,Cat Grant,  the most powerful woman here,  say please to a worker? This is insane!

"Yes Ms Grant" She said quickly and looked down while walking.
Does this girl have social anxiety or something?

We went in and my mom took her seat while 'Kiera' stood there.

"Kiera I would like you to meet my other son Ryder and his friend Drake" She introduced.

"It's Jake" Kiera said suddenly and 
I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"How do you know that?" I asked curiously and she looked shocked after. Seriously who is she? I just need to look at her face once,just once.

"A hunch" She answered. Jake looked as if he wanted to say something but my mom spoke first.

"Anyways,this is my assistant Kiera. She will show you around while I make arrangements to send you two to Central City"

"Ms Grant can James do it? I want to catch up on my work" She spoke louder and I gasped. That voice....no way.... Marley?

"Why? James is busy aswell and you're my assistant. I need you to show them around" My mom reasoned.

She wanted to protest again but I quickly spoke "Yeah let's go,I want to look around" I said my eyes never leaving Marley. This has to be her. The voice,the fashion,the awkwardness... it can only be her.

"Well then let's go I guess" Jake said confused.

We walked out and when we were far enough,I grabbed her wrist and spun her around. I looked into her eyes. This is definitely Marley.

"Marley?" I spoke.

Jake looked at me with wide eyes and looked back at her. She cleared her throat and spoke.

"I'm sorry Sir who's Marley?" She questioned. I scoffed.

"Is it really you?" Jake asked and tried to touch her but she backed away.

"I think the two of you mistook me for someone else. My name is
Kara Danvers" She completed.

Of course I didn't believe her. She only dyed her hair blonde and wears glasses. Jake dated her for crying out loud! How could he not recognize her?

"Marley drop the act,I know it's you" I said in disbelief. I looked at Jake and he was quietly staring at her.

She groaned and started walking away. Jake and I quickly followed
her.

"Seriously it's been a while. Why did you disappear suddenly? And you're my mom's assistant? Definitely didn't see that coming".
I spoke as she halted and looked at me.

"Look,let me make this clear. Whatever happened in high school stays in high school. I'm still processing everything that's happening right now,I never thought I'd see you guys again"

"Yet here we are. It's good to see you again Marley" Jake spoke.

"Its Kara. Now if you'll excuse me I have work to do" She said awkwardly as she walked the other way.

When she was gone,Jake spoke first.

"She hasn't changed" He said with a small smile.

It was clear as day that he still felt something for her but no matter how much time has gone,he still cheated on her. This happened a long time ago so I didn't bring it up.

"Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"Marley or Kara,whatever her name is,she's been acting weird,
don't you think? Like the name change,the appearance.....what's going on?"

"I have no idea do you think we should find out?"

"Of course,I just want her back"
I sighed.

Jake mumbled something under his breath and honestly,I don't even want to know what he said

"Do you think she knows about the reunion?" Jake asked as we walked.

"I don't think she does" I replied.
"At least it didn't seem like it".

Back in Central City

Barry's Pov

I was in the kitchen making myself a sandwich when I heard a knock on the door.

"Coming" I yelled.

I put the knife down and went to the door. I opened it and was surprised to see who it was.

"Alex?"

She didn't say anything and just pushed me inside. I looked at her confusedly the whole time as she paced around my living.

"What are you doing?" I asked a little scared.

"Oh hey......Sebastian" I immediately paled and looked at her with wide eyes.

"Y-You know?" I stuttered.

"Of course I do. Nothing escapes me. Now tell me... Sebastian Smythe why change your name to Barry? Why change your personality? Why did you keep secrets? Tell me" She circled me as I gulped.

"Uhhh you kinda misunderstood.
My name is actually Barry and my fake name was Sebastian. I'm not an evil person,I just acted like that" I explained as she stopped and looked at me.

"You've got alot of explaining to do" She glared. I swear the last time she was this intimidating and scary was on the day where Kara and I married.....she legit threatened me.

Only heaven knows what she'll do to me now that she's found out my deepest secret.

"I'm waiting" She said now crossing her arms. I groaned as we sat down.

I just can't catch a break can I? I swear just kill me already!

"Fine,fine I'll tell you"

Heyyyy guysss

How are you all?🌺❤

I just want to say that I'm busy with an issue right now and I probably will take time to write. I will continue but not as much.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you guys again in the next chapter 🙏 😀 😊 ❤