This I Promise You

(Nick's P.O.V)

And this is happening, gosh, I'm having a hard time processing all this. I didn't expect to be so overwhelmed. After telling Esther the other day a weight was lifted not only off of her not knowing, but me keeping that secret.

That brings us to now, I'm standing here, in a church, anticipating the moment Esther walks through those doors. We didn't have a wedding party or anything except Alan's 2 older girls, Presley, the flower girl and AJ was carrying the rings, plus these are the only kids old enough here that are able to do it. I see a few people from Corpus Christy, mainly old friends and our former pastor, Will, was officiating. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard everyone turn to look towards the doors. This was it. Wow, this is it, I can't believe it, I'm marrying the most beautiful woman on the planet today.

I felt dizzy and out of breath when she walked out, she made her way over to the altar with the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face.

"You're stunning." I whisper to her as the pastor begins speaking.

"Everyone, please join me in prayer over this couple here today as they join in matrimony." We all bow our heads and he begins.
"Heavenly Father, today we come to you as Nick Winslow and Esther Marcus join to become one. I pray they have a blessed, prosperous marriage, that in all the day do, you are given the glory. I pray that they will follow your word and continue daily to bring one another closer to you. In your Holy name we pray, Amen." Their was a chorus of amens as we all looked up waiting for the ceremony to continue.
"Marriage, a beautiful sacrament, it is not a term to be used lightly. From this day on, you both are promising to God you will, despite all troubles faced, stay faithful to one another. Now, Nick and Esther, before you take this final step in joining in matrimony, does anyone oppose this marriage?" Everyone was silent.
"Do you Nickolas Matthew Winslow promise to take Esther as your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to hold, to comfort, respect, and honor, in sickness or in health; to stay loyal to until death do you part?"

"I promise." I said looking into Esther's tear filled eyes.

"Esther Patience Marcus, do you promise to take Nickolas as your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to hold, to comfort, respect, and honor, in sickness or in health; to stay loyal to until death do you part?"

"I promise." She said as an even bigger smile crossed her face.

"Please bring forth the rings." He said motioning to Avery Jade as she walked up with the rings.

I picked up Esther's and slid it on her finger, "Esther, with this ring I give you my heart, I promise from this day forward, you shall not walk alone, may my heart be your shelter and my arms be your home."

Esther did and said the same as Will started up again, "I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Nickolas Winslow. Nick, you may kiss your bride."

I engulfed Esther in a hug as I kissed her, a moment I've been waiting for for so long. We separated and Esther looked up at me, I kissed her again before she was handed her bouquet and we made our way towards the door. Everyone walked around to the field/parking lot behind the church. We had canopies set up with lanterns because it was already 7:30 pm and getting dark. Everyone talked for a while as Chad and Joey kept music going. Kelsey and Fallon rushed over to us after a good friend of mine walked off.

"You two have to dance!" They said pulling Esther, who pulled me to the 'dance floor,' it was really just an area with a platform type of thing laid over the concrete and grass. I wrapped my arms around my bride as a familiar song began.

(Esther's P.O.V.)

Nick wrapped his arms around me as the song began, I had never heard it, or at least from what I could tell of the instrumental in the beginning. Then, I heard Nick's rich voice which eventually blended with 2 or 3 other voices. I looked up at him and he kissed me. I felt my eyes fill with tears as it hit me, they used parts of a song I never finished. They rearranged the lines into something beautiful, it was so awesome. The song ended as a tear escaped, I felt Nick's hand wiping it away and smiled.