A whole new world

SUPER IMPORTANT FILLER CHAPTER!!

December 20/2015

Caleb's P.O.V.

Today's the day, the adoption papers have been approved, we are heading to the hospital to checkout Jude now.

Rewind 2 months (still Caleb's P.O.V. Jude is 1 month old)

I called Nick, he had been silent for a while and I felt the Lord telling me to check on him.

"Hello?" Nick answered on the 3rd ring.

C-Hey, this is Caleb Grimm.

N-Oh hey man, what's up?

C-That's actually what I was calling to ask you, how are you holding up?

N-It's been... rough. After Esther's funeral, I was with Jude and realized, I can't raise him. I need to put him up for adoption, the Lord is telling me that is what is best for the little guy. He needs a mom, he needs people who can give him the love and care he needs.

C- Wow, that's big, you're positive about this?

N- yeah, I have lost so much sleep over this, but I don't know what it is. I believe the Lord is telling me, I can't do it, I don't know anything about kids, and without Esther, it just is right.

C- I'll be praying for you and Jude, I can't imagine this being an easy decision.

N- thanks, I appreciate it, but I gotta go.

C-yeah, no problem, I'll talk to you later.

N- yeah bye.

I set down my phone as Kelsey walked in the house.

"Hey whatcha doin'?" She asked setting some bags in the kitchen.

"I was just thinking, I called Nick Winslow, apparently he's putting Jude up for adoption."

"Really? That's actually kind of surprising, I thought he said he was going to try to raise Jude."

"Well, he changed his mind, decided Jude needs a mom, and a couple who can take care of him."

3 days later

"Caleb?" Kelsey asked after we prayed over our meal.

"What's up?"

"I'm thinking we need to adopt Jude, I've prayed about it, and it just feels right."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, I am, it's going to lie life changing. It'd be the beginning of a whole new world."

"That's okay! I love the idea!"

Back to present day

"Hey little guy!" Kelsey half squealed as she held Jude.

"Hey maybe we'll get lucky and he won't be as tall as Nick!" I laughed as we walked out.

After buckling Jude into his car seat, our family of 3 was set towards home.