38

the two were now done eating and walking out the restaurant tiredly to the car.

"alright, did you have fun?" finn asked. y/n looked like she was seconds away from falling asleep.

"yes! so much fun," y/n smiled as she spoke regardless of how tired she was. finn smiled and told her he was glad. as soon as she buckled her seatbelt in and finn started driving the girl fell asleep.

finn let y/n rest on the drive home and he played softer, quieter music for her. finn only had his thoughts now. he thought about the night before, the cuddling, the way he felt around y/n and the way he knew y/n felt around him, and of course the two's kiss.

he knew y/n wasn't great with self confidence and sometimes he blamed himself for that. if he'd never responded to her tweet, she wouldn't have a bunch of disgusting and ignorant people criticizing her every move.

but of course, finn was forever grateful for responding to her tweet. if he never did, he wouldn't have met the girl or even known who she was. and now that he knew her, he loved her. he knew they hadn't know each other for long, but he also didn't care. he was positive he was madly in love with this girl, and he was almost positive she felt the same.

finn smiled as he let his thoughts consume him until they got back to the hotel.

-

finn pulled into the hotel parking lot and looked beside him at y/n sleeping peacefully.

i got this two bed room for nothing, finn thought letting out a small chuckle. he picked the y/n up and pulled her up out of the car, he didn't wanna wake her up, she was sleeping so peacefully.

finn carried y/n into the hotel, onto the elevator, and up to their room. he opened the door with one hand and set y/n down on his bed before going to lock the door behind him. he turned back to y/n on his bed only to realize the girl was still fully dressed in her outside clothes.

well fuck, he thought, now i have to wake her up.

"y/n," he whispered as loud as he could, "y/n we're back."

y/n's eyes began opening and she smiled at the sight of finn in front of her.

"since when did we get here?" y/n asked in her tired, raspy voice.

"a few minutes ago, i carried you in." y/n blushed and smiled hearing the boy's words. "you can go back to sleep, i just wanted to make sure you got changed, brushed your teeth, and all that so you didn't sleep in your outside clothes or go to bed feeling gross or anything."

y/n stretched as she stood up. before walking over to her suitcase, she stood on her tip toes and kissed finn's cheek. "thank you for caring for me finn."

"theres no need to thank me, y/n. why wouldn't i care for a friend," finn joked.

"friend?" y/n questioned with a smirk.

"for now." the two laughed together before y/n grabbed some stuff to sleep in and walked to the bathroom to change. finn stayed where he was and changed as well. the two took turns in the bathroom and by the time they were both done finn was waiting on his bed so they could fall asleep together.

y/n hopped in the bed right next to him and finn covered her with his blanket.

"also, finn, thank you for today and everything. since i met you you've made me feel happy when literally nothing else could," y/n admitted with a smile.

finn pulled her close. "y/n, you don't have to thank me for loving you. who wouldn't?"

"you love me?"

"of course i do, how could i not. y/n, you are perfect in every way."

y/n started blushing furiously, she couldn't take affection. she didn't accept herself enough to receive love from others, and whenever she did she never knew how to act.

"i love you too finn, if anything i love you more."

"nuh uh, i definitely love you more."

"we are not doing that."

finn chuckled, "goodnight y/n."

y/n blushed as she snuggled up closer to the boy, "goodnight finn, sweet dreams."

-

A/N: while rewriting this part Louie
by calpurnia came on and that is my
irl boyfriend's name. when worlds
collide i guess 😭