42

Y/N'S LEAVING DAY.

"so, are you all .. packed?" finn asked trying to keep his voice from cracking. the two were packed together in the hotel. it was hard to converse in this kind of situation.

the two were both getting on planes today to head back to their homes. y/n's plane was unfortunately arriving first. this would leave finn alone at the airport for some hours without her.

y/n didn't answer finn's question, she just pulled finn into a tight hug. finn hugged her back and pulled her in close. he didn't want to let her go. y/n pulled away only for a second to kiss finn for what could've been one of the last times for a while.

"i love you finn, okay? and we will see each other, i promise."

"you're going back home though, and plus pretty soon it'll be time to go back to school if you go to college or whatever. i'm just afraid you're gonna fall for someone else while you're away."

"finn, i could never fall for anyone else. you've been my safe place since i met you and you forever will be. i am so grateful for you finn." finn just smiled and pulled her back into the hug. they hugged for a while, they didnt want seeing each other to end.

finn finally pulled away considering they had to be at the airport and looked down at y/n. y/n gave a knowing , sad smile to him before turning around to grab her bags.

"you ready?" y/n asked.

"i dont really think i or even you have a choice." the two began walking out of the room with their hands intertwined. upon getting to the main lobby finn checked out of the room and returned the key. the two then walked out to the parking lot and got into finn's rental.

"we have to drive to return this and the airport is in walking distance from the rental spot," finn said as he started the car. y/n nodded silently.

the entire car ride neither of them said a word, y/n just laid her head against the window and finn played music that he thought could cheer her up. neither of them wanted to leave.

the two were now at the airport. they made it past security together and were sat at a small coffee spot inside their terminal. finn and y/n sat there for the remaining time they had with each other. it was only then that y/n realized she couldn't bottle up anymore. she held back tears when she hugged and kissed finn, she held them back in the car, but all of a sudden the tears came flooding from her eyes as if they were fountains. she didn't cry loud as to not draw attention, but she was definitely sobbing.

"don't cry y/n, please don't cry," finn tried to comfort y/n. the more she cried, the more finn felt like crying. he finally gave in and let the tears run down his cheeks and drip down his jaw.

"finn, when are we gonna see each other again, realistically speaking?" y/n finally asked breaking the silence apart from the two's sobs.

"considering how busy i'm sure we both are, probably not until spring?" finn sobbed even more hearing his own words.

"thats months away.. i just, i'm gonna miss you finn," y/n said as she tilted her head up from finn's shoulder.

finn turned to the girl and looked to see if anyone was looking. then he thought about it, he didnt care if anyone was watching. no one had to validate him or y/n, all the two needed was to know they loved each other. and in that moment, finn's moment of realization, he kissed y/n for the last time before the two heard a loud bing!

FLIGHT 81B WILL BE LEAVING IN 20 MINUTES, PLEASE ROWS 1 THROUGH 7 PLEASE BEGIN BOARDING FLIGHT 81B.

finn pulled away from the kiss since he obviously had to. y/n was in row twenty three, but he wanted to make sure she was ready to be called over. him and y/n both got up together and finn pulled y/n into the biggest hug he'd given her so far.

"y/n, i have an idea for us, a plan. i need you to answer my text i send you as soon as you get home, we can call and talk about it. i just need you to answer, dont leave me hanging alright?" he pulled away from the hug.

y/n laughed. finn gave her a confused look and she looked up with a smile. despite her face being covered with tears, she laughed at finn hysterically. "finn, why would i leave you hanging? are you out of your mind, i wouldn't have come here just to never talk again as soon as i left? you're crazy finn."

finn finally smiled back at her, the two instantly pulled each other back into a hug.

"i love you and i'll miss you so so much. i'll call you and facetime you and text every chance i get though okay? this plan is gonna work out great as long as you're on board," finn reassured her. y/n pulled away and wiped her tears.

ROWS 16 TO 24 PLEASE START BOARDING FLIGHT 81B!

y/n sighed at the sound of the announcement. "goodbye finn, i'll call you when i'm home," she smiled.

"y/n, this isn't goodbye. i'll see you soon," finn wiped his tears as well.

"yeah, see you soon i guess? haha," y/n chuckled and nodded before waving the boy goodbye and walking out to her flight.