The Box

Beggin' On Your Knees For Me: Chapter 4

-The Box*

I grabbed the box and held it lightly with my hand. Then look over at Drake. I give him a confused look and he just shrugs it off. Gosh, don't boys know how to be more mature about these things? Then again, boys will be boys...

I shook my head lightly, of course... I sigh heavily, receiving a curious glance from Drake. I giggle and just stare at the box.

I really wonder what could be inside. What could he have gotten me? I blush a little and lay my index finger on the top half. I lower it to the opening and slide my finger under and then use another finger to fully open it. Then the top half flies open, revealing...

A Necklace, but not just any necklace, more like the necklace. It was gold, the real kind of gold! You know those really expensive ones? Yeah... those ones! I mean it seriously looked so expensive, but it had other things too. It had this beautiful heart with a carving on it. It read: Together, always...

But, it seemed as if though it was missing a piece. I wonder what?

Then it had the chain, it looked so fragile... As if though you could break it with any so much of pull on it. I grabbed a hold of the necklace and gently take it out of the box.

I unclip it and put it around my neck. I really wanted to try it on!

Especially if it's from Drake Gunner!

I try to put it on, my fingers fumbling, trying to clip it back on from the back of my neck. I always try it this way, since to me it was always the easiest. But, for the other girls, they always did it from the front. As if on cue, Drake comes closer to me and stands behind me.

"Let me help," he says nervously. He puts his hands on the necklace trying to clip it back together.

Oh my God!

I feel his hands on my neck! No way, this cannot be happening! Gosh, where's a random guy with a camera when you need him?!

I closed my eyes and brought my hands to my face; Feeling so flustered and embarrassed!

How could this be happening? I slightly shake my head, drop my hands at my sides and held my head high. I put up my hands and raise them into fists.

I am brave!

Then out of nowhere, Drake says, "What are you doing?"

I move my eyes, looking in both directions, "w-what are you talking about?"

I stutter out, as if though I have no idea what he's talking about. Then, I lower my hands down and put them to my sides normally.

"Never mind," he says.

I hear the necklace lock. "There," Drake says with relief clearly in his voice.

I turn around and give a happy grin. I fix up my necklace, laying it perfectly on my neck. "How does it look," I say with beamingly..

Drake looks at my necklace and steps closer to me. I look up sheepishly.

What's he going to do?

He takes out a hand and raises it to my neck, placing it there, "Drake?" I ask in bewilderment.

He slides my necklace a little more and then looks at me. "There, now it's just right!" Drake exclaims, with a silly grin on his face.

I couldn't believe it! That's all he was going to do? Oh, wow, I thought he was definitely going to do something else... You guys know what I'm talking about, right? No need to elaborate...