A minor accident

As a person of high intellect, I have to say this adventure was to an extreme that I could not comprehend. The instigation was even more obfuscating. 
 I am Aziel Martinez. I am 14 years old. I lived a proud life, since my father, Matthew Martinez, and my uncle, Edward Vealtch, was a hero for defeating a malicious group of Russians called the Razrusheniye . He and my father experienced hysterical adventures too. I guess it's in the family.

It was around August 18, 2059 was taking a walk through the park when I heard shrieking. I walked toward where the sound led me. It was a girl, sitting on the concrete road. Her knee was bleeding. I ran toward her.

"Are you alright?"

The girl looked up at me, her face stained with tears.

"My leg is bleeding."

I shuffled through my pockets. I found a napkin, and then wrapped it around her leg. Then I inquired:

"What is your name?"

"Loretta. What is yours?"

"Aziel."

Loretta thanked me, then left. 

I went to my maternal grandmother's, Lillian Vealtch , house, since I went over there for the day. That was when I saw the picture hanged on the refrigerator.

"What picture is that of?"

"It's from our homeschool community. We took it after our mock trial project."

"Who are they?"

"So there is your grandfather, Drake Martinez. That's me. There is your aunt's father. There is Jerad Campbell, Otis Smith, and Daniel Leponez."

That guy. Daniel Leponez. He reminded me of Loretta.

"What happened to the other 2, Otis Smith and Daniel Leponez?"

"Otis died in a car crash, and Daniel was killed by some mysterious gangsters on a plane."

As I went back home I couldn't help but think what was the relationship between Loretta and Daniel Leponez. So I resolved to go to the park again the next day just in case Loretta came back.

I was correct that she came back. I saw her with a lady whom I presumed to be her mom. I went over to them.

"Hello, Loretta!"

Loretta's benign and innocent eyes looked at me.

"Hello Aziel. This is my mom." Pointing at the lady."Mom, this is the man who helped me yesterday."

"Well that's very kind of you." She commended me.

"What are your last names if I may ask?" I inquired.

"Leponez." The lady replied.

I was absolutely stunned.

"Any chance related to Daniel Leponez?"

"Yes. He died before I was born. He was my father in law. Why do you ask?"

"My grandfather is a classmate of his!"