A gargantuan accident

After Loretta's funeral, Eric and Waylen called Leila to come visit her sister's grave while we stayed at Mrs. Leponez house. The 3 of us went to the airport to pick Leila up. Leila however, wasn't happy at all to see me. 

"You. You murdered my sister!" She accused, pointing her index finger at me. "If you weren't so egotistical and wanted her as her wife, she would still be alive!"

Eric absolutely demurred. 

"What are you talking about? Loretta was in trouble and we decided to help her out! Why shouldn't we?"

"You coming or not doesn't make a difference in the trial. She would still have made her not guilty. What, did I miss you as a witness to testify for the trial or no?"

Leila was fierce speaker, that was indubitable. Eric and Leila fought for about 15 minutes as I stood in shame. She was right. If I weren't so egotistical, she would have still been alive. Then Waylen stopped the expostulation.

"Stop arguing you 2! Leila, Loretta was in trouble in the beginning. Bildespach had been hunting for both you and Loretta. We were there to protect her!"

"You're protection didn't do her any good!" Leila complained. "She's still dead!"

"Eric! Waylen!" I finally spoke. "She's right. If I weren't so selfish and didn't build our relationship together again, Loretta wouldn't have blocked that bullet. She wouldn't have been infected with botulinum toxin and cyanide." 

The 4 of us walked to Loretta's grave without speaking a word. Leila went back to her grandmother's house, demanding the removal of Eric, Waylen, and I. Though she demurred, Mrs. Leponez had no choice but to listen to her granddaughter. After the 3 of us booked a hotel room, I went to a bar and began to drink. After buying some wine, I went back to the hotel room, drunk. Eric, who was in the same room with me, inquired.

"What's wrong, Aziel?" 

I mumbled. "Nothing." I wobbly sat on the bed. 

"What do you have in this giant bag?" Eric asked. 

"NOTHING!" I roared. "Leave me alone!"

He opened the bag. "Aziel! You've got 20 bottles of wine in there!"

I walked toward the bag and took a bottle of Irish whiskey, pouring it down my throat. 

"Aziel, stop." Eric demanded. I poured down the  entire bottle down my throat and threw it at the ground, shattering into trillions of pieces. I put my hand in the bag for another bottle.

"Aziel stop!" He put his hand on my wrist. I shook it off and began to open the cap. Eric took both of my shoulders.

"Aziel, listen to me. I know you are depressed by Loretta's death and especially by Leila's words, but don't pick up drinking! It's a remedy to nothing!"

"Leave me alone!" I mumbled.

"Aziel-" 

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I roared as I threw the bottle at the front door. At the moment, Waylen opened the door. The bottle hit his head and shattered. He faltered.