Trial

"What?" I cried.

"It is true." Waylen said. "It was on TV yesterday. Loretta Leponez was accused of stealing information from a company called The Misterio."

"I have to find out if she actually stole."

"How?" Eric inquired.

"I'm going to Minnesota. And I mean now."

Waylen held my shoulder.

"I'm going with you. You'll need assistance. After all, we're cousins."

Eric then spoke.

"I'll go with you. After all, I do wish to return you the favor of telling me what happened to my father."

So the 3 of us ordered tickets to Minnesota for the next day.

As we arrived, we received information that the trial was today at 6:00 pm. We got the address and rushed into the court room. 
The trial begun shortly after. The prosecution presented only witnesses from the Misterio company. It was then when the defense began to cross examine the Prosecution's witnesses.

"Mr. Bidelspach, has your company experienced theft before?"

"Yes, someone had stolen vital information from the company 40 years ago."

"Would you mind to tell us what the information is?"

"We were creating the world's most powerful weapon. It would be a major benefit to defeat enemies of the US."

"Are you cognizant of who stole the information?"

"Daniel Leponez."

I gasped. Waylen and Eric were a bit confused.

"Has the information been retrieved?"

"No."

"So earlier we have gotten the information from the defendant Loretta Leponez that Daniel Leponez is her grandfather. We also had the information that her father was killed by gangsters on a plane in 2021. What is the stolen information you accuse the defendant of now?"

"Information about the weapon."
"That doesn't make sense. The information was stolen, and it wasn't retrieved. Then you say that the information was stolen by the defendant. So aren't you accusing the defendant just because she is the granddaughter of the thief back in 2021?"

"Yes." 
The crowd gasped.

"No further questions your honor, the defense rests its case."

After a couple of minutes the jury came out, announcing that the Loretta was not guilty. 
As Loretta came out, I went toward her.

"Loretta!"
She turned her head toward me. She had changed so much.

"Excuse me, but why do you look so familiar?"

I took out the necklace and showed it to her.

"Do you remember this?"

Loretta gasped, then hugged me.

"Aziel! It's so good to see you. It's been so long!"

Then Leila came.

"Loretta, we've got to go, it's-" that was when she took notice of me. "It's you."

Waylen and Eric came over. I introduced them to Loretta and Leila.

"Loretta, remember what father said."

Loretta suddenly burst to tears.

"What do you mean listen to what father says? He has died with mother by cruel malicious people, and my heart is already broken. Why do you want to break my heart again by not letting me be with the man whom I like whom I have not seen for 10 years?" She ran out of the room, wailing.