Death

I flinched so horribly that I fell to the ground when the gunshot was heard, and I heard a scream followed by something falling onto me. No, I wasn't dead. But who's scream was it. I opened my eyes slowly, seeing Bildespach standing in front of me. Mrs. Leponez froze with paleness. Eric and Waylen were covering their faces. Loretta! I looked down in my lap. She had blocked the bullet. 

I rose in fury, rage, and abhorrence as I stared at Bildespach. I saw a log on the ground. I took it behind my back. 

"You, you, YOU!" I stammered with exasperation. Bildespach laughed.

"Shall I give you another 3 second count down, Martinez?"

I immediately swung the log at Bildespach's hand. The gun fell. I swung the log at the face of the other 2 men, who fell. I swung the log at Bildespach's head with fury. Bildespach fell.

I carried Loretta on my back as we raced towards our car, which was taken by Bildespach and his men. Eric and Waylen tied Bildespach and his men up and locked them in the cabin. Since we had no idea where we were, we had to drive to the nearest hospital. I took off my T-shirt and used it to cover Loretta's wound. Loretta woke from unconsciousness. 

"Why did you have to block the bullet, Loretta?" I inquired with tears rolling down my cheeks. 

"Because I love you." Loretta replied, and smiled innocently. She coughed a bit, then fell asleep again. I prayed that Loretta would be safe!

After arriving at the hospital, Eric and Waylen lead the police toward the cabin and handed them the necklace. As I and Mrs. Leponez were in the waiting room, a doctor came forward.

"Excuse me, are you Aziel Martinez and Maria Leponez?" 

"Yes we are." I replied. "How is Loretta?"

"Well," the doctor sighed. "She's not in good shape. The bullet wound's surroundings are infected severely botulinum toxin. If you aren't aware, that is an extremely deadly poison. However, this type of botulinum toxin is much more severe than the original. It appears that it includes a bit of cyanide in it too. The combination is extremely deadly. There's no hope for the girl."

Mrs. Leponez sat down immediately in her chair and began to wail. I inquired the doctor.

"Can we see her?" 

The doctor nodded. I and Mrs. Leponez were led to Loretta's room. Loretta looked extremely pail. Mrs. Leponez went to her bedside and wept with all her might as Loretta gently patted her back. I came to the other side. 

"Aziel, remember the first time we met?" Loretta spoke.

"Of course I remember," I cried. "That time when you scraped your leg, and I helped you"

"A minor wound that was," Loretta smiled. "but a very significant memory. Now, its a greater wound now, and I won't be able to recover."

Her words made me cry profusely. 

"Aziel, remember me. Remember me. Au revoire, in heaven."