The quandary

When I woke up, the 5 of us were bound together so tightly that we could barely breath. The other 4 were still asleep. Mr. Bildespach was sitting in a chair, stroking his giant black beard. 

"Well, well, well. Ain't this the fellow the son of the well known Matthew Martinez?"

I gave him a scornful look.

"Now," Bildespach demanded. "Your grandfather had put my friend Frederick Murphy and Dhruv Barmbado in jail. If you don't give me your necklace, I will kill all of your friends behind you."

Eric woke up. 

"You fool, we'll never surrender. Just you see."

"Shut up, you imbecile!" Bildespach roared and put a gag on him Then to me he said soothingly. "What will it be, Martinez?"

"I want to ask you a few questions first."

Bildespach sighed, but agreed. 

"Who was the third gangster?"

"I am."

"Who do you work for?"

"You are uproarious, Martinez." Bildespach laughed. "I am! I am the head of the Misterio!"

"No deputies?"

"No. Now are you going to give me the necklace or no?"

"Give us another day to think about it." I stated.

Bildespach thought, then agreed.

"Fine. But you know the repercussions if you don't agree to it." he laughed cunningly and maliciously, then ordered his men to bring us to a different shed and untied us. By that time, all 5 of us had awaken. Then Waylon inquired:

"What are you going to do about the necklace, Aziel?"

"I don't know," I responded. "We can't give him the necklace."

"Remember Aziel, the code is unbreakable"  Eric commented.

"Bildespach could still be searching that shack, he'll find that box we found before we slept." I mourned.

"He'll find the box, but he can't open it." Loretta spoke. "The box opens only by fingerprint, remember? Without my grandfather, the box cannot be opened."

I must have hit my head pretty hard when I fell because I forgot that.

"Well then," Mrs. Leponez began. "Are we going to give him the necklace or no?" 

"There might be another way of opening that necklace that we haven't thought of." I said. "I won't give Bildespach any chance of getting that disc."

The next day, Bildespach swung the door open which woke us up.

"Well?" He demanded. "Where is the necklace?"

None of us spoke. Bildespach, exasperated, roared;

"WHERE IS THE NECKLACE?"

None of spoke as before, and remained still."

"Well," Bildespach chuckled cunningly. "You asked for it, I'll force you then." He pulled out his gun and pointed at us. "Who has the necklace?"

"I do." I spoke.

Bildespach pointed the gun at me. "Hand me the necklace! Or do you even care about the grave repercussions?"

"STAND UP YOU IMBECILES! I DEMAND YOU!" Bildespach roared more forcefully than ever. We stood up, but did not speak. "Maurice and Howard! Where are you?" 2 men walked through the door. "Hold this man for me." Bildespach commanded, pointing at me. The 2 of them held my arms.

"Martinez," Bildespach spoke. "You know what type of bullet this is?" He took out a bullet from his pocket and showed it to me. I shook my head.

"This is no ordinary bullet. It can kill a person no matter where it hits."

"What do you have inside the bullet, poison?" Eric spoke.

Bildespach laughed. "Yes, actually it does contain a deadly poison called Botulinum Toxin, the most deadliest poison in the world."

Mrs. Leponez gasped.

"Now," Bildespach chuckled triumphantly. "I'll count from 1-3. If you don't give me the necklace, say goodbye to you're mere life."

My heartbeat raced. Now I have just come to realize even if he does kill me he can still take the necklace from me when I'm dead. But now again come to think of it, I have done research on botulinum toxin, and symptoms only occur after 12-36 hours, in rare cases even 6 hours. But no. No one knows how powerful it is when its in a bullet.

"1" Bildespach counted. 

What am I supposed to do? My brain went blank with panick. Dear Lord, help me!

"2" Bildespach roared.

I closed my eyes. Without the proper treatment soon, I knew I would die. We didn't even know where we were. I was prepared for death.

"3" 

A gunshot was heard.