Chapter 8

Willowpaw was fighting side by side with her clanmates. She was scrambling around a RainClan apprentice. On the other side, Alex was fighting more apprentices. All the cats were hissing and clawing at each other. RainClan invaded FlowerClan only this morning, and blood was already spilling all over the camp floor. Oreoleaf was defending his medicine den while a FlowerClan warrior was clawing underneath a RainClan warrior. Willowpaw was using her training moves on the RainClan apprentice. She nearly missed biting his eye was jumped away heading for more clanmates. Willowpaw dashed after him and leapedon him, fighting him again and again. Alex came by her side and fought the RainClan apprentice together. Don't kill. She said silently. Hopestar was at the RainClan leader who also her's and Willowpaw's brother. "Lightningstar please! Stop this nonsense! We haven't taken any of your prey!" Hopestar yowled. Lightningstar hissed at her. Then his eyes turned to sorrow. "I'm sorry sister. I'm just so protective of my territory." Then he turned back to fighting. "But I don't believe you!" He hissed and jumped over Hopestar quickly raking her back. She let out a yowl of pain. then turned to him and growled. "How dare you!" She hissed at him. All the cats just kept fighting and hissing. Willowpaw was clawing at two apprentices with Alex. Can we win this? She thought. Then more RainClan warriors came at her. Oh StarClan help us! There's so many! As she raked her claws down an apprentice, she felt her tail being thrown backwords as her whole body filled with shock. Then for a moment she flew into the sand. She struggled to get up, but when she did, she saw the RainClan leader looking at her with rage. Then he changed. "Sister!" He yelled. Willowpaw looked at him. "Lightningstar, what are you doing?" She hissed. Lightningstar looked at her. "We're enemys now." He said. Then, he swiped a claw at her face. She had no idea he was attacking her. She felt claws sink deep into her eyebrow. Blood poured all over her. She yowled with pain and she put her paw on her eyebrow. LIghtningstar hissed at her, and then leaped at the other cats. Willowpaw couldn't focus. She couldn't believe her own brother would hurt her like that. "Ow!" She yelled out loud. Alex shot a look at her and raced towards her. "What happened?" he asked. Willowpaw looked at him. "My eyebrow!" She yelled. "Lightningstar scratched me!" Alex looked in horror at Lightningstar. "Lightningstar! But he's your brother!" Then a RainClan warrior was chasing after Alex. Alex tuned aroound and bit the warrior's scruff tight. The warrior was hissing in pain and Alex kept biting hard on him. Willowpaw looked around. All the RainClan cats were in pain. They were all near the exit of the camp. Some of them were leaving. Lightningstar, with a torn ear stood in front of his clan. And then Willowpaw saw Hopestar stand infront of hers. They were both hissing. "Get out of here, Lightningstar!" She hissed again. Lightningstar hissed with anger. "We surrender! But do know, Hopestar. RainClan is strong, and will kill any of your warriors who crosses the line!" He yelled. Then he and his clan headed for the exit and left. Hopestar stopped panting and looked behind her with pride. "FlowerClan has won the battle!" She yelled. All the Flowerclan cat meowed with joy that their clan has one. Willowpaw and Alex felt no pride. We barely won. She thought and she knew Alex was thinking the same thing. Then suddenly her wound stinged and she hissed with pain. Alex looked at her with worry. "Willowpaw, let's go see Oreoleaf." He said. Willowpaw  nodded and they headed for his den. Oreoleaf lit up when he saw her. He was already helping wounded warriors. "Willowpaw!" He yelled. He looked at her eyebrow. "Oof, that's pretty bad. You have to bring someone on your journey to IvyClan now. You can't go alone with that wound!" He said. "Come to me. I will heal it." He then padded to his medicine shelf and studied it. The pain stinged again in Willowpaw's eyebrow. She yowled. Oreoleaf looked back at her. "Lay on the moss, young one." He said. Willowpaw layed down on the moss. Alex followed and sat next to her. He looked at Oreoleaf. "Will she be okay?" He asked. Oreoleaf finally picked up the herbs he needed. He dropped them near Willowpaw and said. "It will be a forever scar, but it will heal. She'll be fine." Then he looked down at her. "Have you talked to Alex about-" He cut off. Willowpaw didn't know what he meant for a bit. Then she nodded to him remembering the talk she had about asking him to come to IvyClan. Then she felt herbs on her wounds. It stung for a bit but then it felt good on her. Then Oreoleaf took some big white webs and rapped it on her wound. She felt better as she slowly fell asleep after all the fighting.

Willowpaw woke up. Her wound was patched with webs and she heard other cats snoring in the medicine den. She saw Alex sleeping beside her. What a friend. She thought. He is most certainly coming with her on her journey. Then she looked over and saw Oreoleaf padding to her. "You and Alex should leave now, Willowpaw. Just go. I will tell Dockheart and your mentors." He said. Willowpaw nodded and padded her paw at Alex. His eyes opened up and looked at Willowpaw and Oreoleaf. "It's time." Willowpaw said. Alex got up and nodded.