Chapter 1

Poppytail: Green she-cat with a tan muzzle and dark green spots, paws, and tip of tail.

Willowkit/paw: Black she-cat with green eyes

Lightningkit/star: Blue tom with tan muzzle and hazel eyes.

Hopekit/star: Pink she-cat with tan muzzle and green eyes

Prideheart: Orange tom with white muzzle and underbelly, has black ears and paws/legs, a bushy fox tail with white tail tip and green eyes

Oreoleaf: white cat with black designs and blue eyes. Medicine cat

Lightningtail: Tan tom with a black lightning strike design on his back and blue eyes

Dockheart: cream and brown she-cat with white muzzle and blue eyes.

Whitekit/paw: cream and white tom with brown eyes

Alex: cream and white tom with blue eyes

Blazepaw: Dark red tom with orange stripes and yellow paws and has amber eyes.

Amberfur: rude, snoody orange she-cat with yellow stripes and blue eyes.

Hailpaw: light blue she-cat with icy paws and blue eyes. Medicine cat apprentice

The world seemed so big. The tiny black cat could hear other cats meowing saying things like: "Congratulations, Poppytail!" "Three healthy kits!" "More clanmates for FlowerClan!" Everyone was looking at us with delight. The tiny black cat was confused. She didn't know what to do. All she knew was that she wanted milk. Her mother swept her three kits to her milk with her tail. The tiny black cat was on the far right side of her two siblings. Right next to her was her brother, a blue kit with a tan muzzle. and on the far left was her sister, a pink kit with a tan muzzle. Everyone in her family had a tan muzzle, but the tiny black cat didn't. It would only be a few more minutes until we would open our eyes. A fox looking cat came up to us and studied us. When he looked at the black cat he said. "Why doesn't that one have a tan muzzle?" Our mother looked up at him with an angry face. "Because she is special." Then she started licking all three of her kits. "Does it matter to you what kits look like? they are all my kits!" She hissed at him. "I just think its strange, that's all. Its important for cats to look like their clan. This one has thin pads and isn't very flexible." said the cat. "She is as much a FlowerClan cat as you are, Prideheart!" yowled mother. "Whatever Poppytail, i'm just saying." Prideheart walked away and as soon as he was out of sight, Mother looked down on us, especially me. But it wasn't just mother who was looking at me, a black and white cat with two leaves on his ear was looking at me.  Am I really this special? Then, the black and white cat walked up to mother and asked, "What will you name them, Poppytail?" Mother looked up at him as if her thoughts went away. "I was thinking the pink one will be Hopekit." Mother looked down on the pink she-cat as she opened her eyes. They were green! "Okay, welcome, Hopekit. What about the blue one?" He said looking at the blue tom. "Lightningkit." she said. "Like Lightningtail!" As the black and white cat said that, a tan cat with a black mark like a lightning strike looked over at us with wide eyes. "Who said my name?" The black and white cat looked over at Lightningtail. "Poppytail is naming her blue kit after you, Lightningtail." He looked over at the blue tom. "How nice! I might mentor him!"Then the blue tom opened his eyes. They were hazel! Poppytail smiled at Lightningtail. Then she looked at the black cat. Both of the cat's faces were serious, especially the black and white cat. "That one is a special one." He sniffed the black cat. "Willowkit." Mother said. The black and white cat sat down and studied the black kit. "Willowkit. The gift." He said under his breath. "What?" asked mother. "Nothing...That is a wonderful name. they all have wonderful names! Congratulations, Poppytail." said the black and white cat once more. "Thank you, Oreoleaf." said Mother. You best be off with your medicine cat duties. Mother said. "Yes, i am. Take care of those kits, Poppytail. He smiled. Mother smiled back then smiled down at us. Then she slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep as we suckled.