Chapter 10

Rainstar: Gray she-cat with blue raindrop designs on her pelt. has Blue eyes. IvyClan leader.

Pricklespots: Green and white tom with pink eyes. IvyCLan deputy.

Tinyspring: Black and white she-cat with  green eyes. 

Lightfleck: Bright yellow tom with white fleck on his pelt. Has Blue eyes.

Foxleaf: Orange, white and black tom fox. Has brown eyes. He wears a red bandana in honor of his dead family. IvyClan medicine cat. (or should i say fox)

Rainstar woke from her nest in the leader's den, she stretched and yawned. Then she headed into the light if the IyClan camp. All the cats were talking and eating, they noticed Rainstar. "Greetings Rainstar." said one of her warriors. Rainstar nodded to him. Then she saw her deputy, Pricklespots. He padded up to her and said. "Good morning Rainstar, I sent the morning patrol not long ago." Rainstar sat down. "Who did you send?" she asked him. "I sent Honeyfleck, Lionpetal, Petalblossom, and Boomer." He began. Rainstar looked puzzled. "Boomer? Why did you bring him? He's only an apprentice." She asked. "He wanted to go on patrol with his mentor and learn about it." he said. Rainstar looked at Pricklespots confused. "But you're his mentor, why aren't you with him?" She asked. "I was waiting for you to wake up, Rainstar. I didn't want to just leave the camp without telling you." Rainstar nodded with understanding. "Very well, you may go on patrol now." She said. Pricklespots nodded and ran off. Rainstar watched him go. He's a good deputy. I hope he becomes leader. Rainstar only had two lives left. Every cat knew she was old. Half the clan were talking about how Pricklespots would be leader soon. A rumbling sound started in Rainstar's belly. She needed food. She walked over to the fresh kill pile. Tinyspring and Lightfleck were there eating together. They both smiled as she came by. "Good morning, Rainstar. How are you?" Tinyspring asked. Rainstar was in a loaf sit. She grabbed a raven with her teeth from the pile. Then she looked at the two warriors. "I'm doing great. How is Purplepaw?" She asked. Tinyspring purred. "Purplepaw is doing a wonder job hunting and fighting." She said with pride. Rainstar nodded. "You're a good mentor, Tinyspring. Keep training your apprentice, and you'll be one of the best warriors in the clan." Tinyspring purred. Rainstar always felt good giving positive news to her clan. She always thought that would make them strong. Then she turned to Lightfleck. "How's Pinkpaw, Lightfleck?" she asked. Lightfleck swallowed his prey. "She's doing great, Rainstar! Her battle training is a little off, but we'll work on it." Rainstar purred. "Good." Then she saw Foxleaf pad into the camp. Rainstar got up from eating and walked to him. Foxleaf looked at her. "Morning, Rainstar. I need to speak to you alone." He said. Rainstar looked puzzled. "What for?" she asked. "Just...come." He said and walked to his den. Rainstar was full of worry. What's going on? Is IvyClan in trouble? Is Foxleaf the wrong medicine cat for the clan? Rainstar always had worries that Foxleaf was the wrong medicine cat. He was a fox, not a cat. And foxes are usually bad news for cats. But Foxleaf was not, he was just a kit when IvyClan found him. They took him in and raised him like a normal medicine cat Some cats didn't agree with it. But that has fully changed now sense he learned of herbs and had a connection with StarClan. When they got inside the den, Foxleaf sat down, his bushy tail over his paws. Rainstar sat aswell. "What's the matter?" She asked him. Foxleaf sighed. "StarClan spoke to me." He said. Rainstar worried. "What did they say?" She tried to sound as calm as possible. "They told me who the gift was, and that she's coming to our clan." Rainstar's pelt sparked with interest. "The gift? That's wonderful! Who, who is the gift and when is she coming?" She asked. "They said her name was 'Willowpaw'. She's from FlowerClan and-" He broke off. "FlowerClan? Why on earth would StarClan choose a FlowerClan cat to save our clan?" She asked puzzled. Foxleaf looked at her. "I don't know, Rainstar. StarClan said she was nothing like other FlowerClan cats. And that she highly disliked them." He said. Rainstar looked uneasy about this cat. " Disliking her clan? How is a cat like that supposed to save us from the monster?" She said. "StarClan chose her, Rainstar. You must respect that." He told her. "I know. we'll see.