Chapter 12

The four cats were walking for a long time now. Willowpaw had many questions for this clan. Would the cats welcome her an Alex? Would she fit in? Would she be happy? What if StarClan messed up? What if these cats are nothing like her. Boomer seemed to notice her. "Is everything alright?" He asked, interrupting Willlowpaw's thoughts. For some reason, Alex was watching. "Yeah I'm fine. I just don't know if I'll like this clan or not. It's all just so new to me." Suddenly, pain stabbed at her eyebrow. "Ow!" She yowled. Boomer looked straight at her and stopped. Every cat stopped. "My-my eyebrow." She began. "We were in a fight with RainClan and-" She cut off. "RainClan?" Pricklespots said. Why should it matter if I brought up the battle? It's not like I'm a FlowerClan cat anymore. "The leader, Lightningstar, he scratched me real bad on my eyebrow. I thought it was getting better but now it's randomly hurting." She said. "I'm not surprised the RainClan leader hurt an apprentice." Pricklespots said. Then Alex spoke up. "Weird thing is that Willowpaw is his sister." Pricklespots shot a look at them. "Wow. What a caring brother." He said. Willowpaw looked down, ashamed. Boomer walked near her again. "Don't be sad, we'll get you to our medicine cat and he'll help your eyebrow." He smiled at her. She smiled back. Something about Boomer made Willowpaw feel safe and happy. It was like the feelings she had with Whitepaw. But better. 

Willowpaw was so full of thoughts, she forgot it's been a long time sense they left. "Are we almost there?" Asked Alex. "Very close." Said Pricklespots. Suddenly, Willowpaw could see an entrance just like her old camp. They all stopped near it. "We're here." Pricklespots began. "Now, remember to stay very close to me and Boomer. Try not to look frightened. The cats won't know you at first. But if you stay close to us, you should be fine. We will walk to Rainstar's den and ask her about you two joining the clan. Willowpaw exchanged a look at Alex. They both nodded. Then all four cat walked in the entrance. This was the first time Willowpaw got to step in the clan. Excitement bubbled inside her. The sandy grass felt good on her paws. She liked the moor very much. Then suddenly there was light, and cats talking and laughing. Cats having fun and eating prey together. This was nothing like FlowerClan, this is better than that boring camp! Suddenly the joy seemed to stop. All the cat's eyes were on her and Alex. She felt...frightened. No! Try not to. Remember what Pricklespots said. She sighed, trying to calm down. The clan cats were still staring at her. She could hear one cat sniff. "Who are they And why do they smell like FlowerClan." One cat asked. Other cats just whispered in their friend's ears. Then Alex started talking. "I have a bad feeling about-" "Shhhh!" Willowpaw cut him off. Alex nodded and awkwardly looked away. When they were near what seemed to be the leader's den, Willowpaw saw cats giving her odd looks. The four cats entered the den. Willowpaw say a dark grey she-cat with raindrop designs on her pelt. She had blue eyes and a blue diamond on her head that meant she was leader. She noticed the cats and saw Willowpaw and Alex. She looked confused and surprised to have such unknown visitors in the camp. She sat up as the four cats sat down. "Welcome, Pricklespots." She nodded to Boomer. "Who are these two." She asked. Pricklenose started talking. "Greetings, Rainstar. Me and Boomer were on patrol, and we saw these two." He started talking about how they wanted to join the clan and that they were from FlowerClan. Rainstar dipped her head. "Youe want to join huh?" She looked at Willowpaw. She nodded. "Ofcourse you can, I'll address the Clan." Willowpaw halted. "Wait! You're-you're letting us join?" She asked. Rainstar stared at her for awhile. "Yes, I know you. Willowpaw." She said. Alex started talking. "Do you know me?" He asked. Rainstar looked at him oddly. "No, come you two." ALex blinked and Willowpaw looked at him. "How does she know who I am?" She asked. "Yeah, that's weird. If she knows you, she should know me." Willowpaw rolled her eyes. "Whatever, come on!" She walked and Boomer followed. "I'm so happy you're joining us!" He jumped. "We can train together!" Willowpaw purred and sat next to him on the grass. All the cats looked up at their leader as she leaped on the rock. "Cats of IvyClan." She began. Then all the cats surrounded her. They still looked at her strangely. We've had less and less kits during these dark times in our clan. And only one queen is carrying them. Pricklespots and Boomer found these two young apprentices at the border. They say they are from FlowerClan, and that they would like to join us. The clan was full of talking. Willowpaw looked around feeling worried. Alex did too. This was a bad idea. Rainstar lashed her tail for silence. "These two cats will be welcomed into our clan, and I hope everycat agrees." She said. The clan was still uneasy. "Willowpaw, do you promise to defend and protect this clan even at the cost of your life?" She asked. Willowpaw, unlike last time, she was sure this was the right clan. "I do." She said. "Then we welcome you as a full member of IvyClan. You're mentor will be...me. I will mentor you, Willowpaw." She said. WIllowpaw nodded as the leader leaped down to touch noses with her. Then she looked at Alex. "You, young apprentice, what is your name." Alex stiffened. "My name is Alex." He said. Rainstar talked again. "Do you promise to defend and protect this clan even at the cost of your life, Alex?" She asked him. "I do." He said. "Then we welcome you as an apprentice of IvyClan. You're mentor will be...Edger." She said. Edger? Another kittypet name? She thought. "Clan dismissed. The cat that seemed to be 'Edger' touched noses with Alex. Boomer looked at her. "you're IvyClan now!" He said. "Yes!" She yelled with joy. "Let's go meet the other apprentices!" He said and already charging to them. "Okay!" She followed. Alex followed too smiling. This was her home now. No more boring cats, no awful dens. Just pure joy. She was happy.