Chapter 5

Whitepaw: Cream and white to with brown eyes.

Dixie: Light-brown tabby she-cat with white underbelly, paws, and tip of tail. Amber eyes.

As Whitepaw walked out of the camp, never again to see it, he started to have regrets. He will miss hunting and fighting lessons. He will miss his mom and brother. He will miss his deputy. And he will miss Willowpaw. Whitepaw always thought that him and Willowpaw will always be friends. But when he was going to leave, she told him she had a crush on him. He knew she will miss him with all her heart and Whitepaw felt cruel for leaving her. But he didn't have these feelings for her the way she did. Maybe it wall StarClan's plan for them not to be together. Should I really be doing this? He didn't even know where he was going. It was all just trees and grass. Maybe he could hunt. He tried to scent any prey, but all he could smell was stale rabbit. He kept walking. He'll have to hunt soon anyways. Just because he's leaving the clan doesn't mean he can't eat. I hope they will do well without me. He thought. Everyone will miss him. "Maybe not Foxheart, or Blazeshine, or Amberfur for sure. But his family will. His mentor will. Willowpaw will. No! Stop thinking about Willowpaw! She'll find another cat. He kept moving. The scent of dove filled his nose. "Prey!" He said out loud. He sniffed for the dove. Until he found it pecking at a seed, He licked his lips ready to pounce on it. He crept up to it slowly keeping his tail down and his paws quiet as they walked  the grass. Then after a few moments, he pounced. Claws out, mouth opened ready to kill the bird. Then, right when he landed, the dove flew away quickly. He ran after it. Every hair on his pelt pricked. He was too late. The bird was high in the sky. He missed his kill. Ugh!  Why can't I be a winged cat for once! Stupid dove! He knew it was disrespectful to call prey names, but he was not a clan cat anymore. I don't even think I can handle this all by myself. I wish Willowpaw and Alex came with me. No! Then  Willowpaw will want to have kits with me! I'm not the right one for her! He kept moving in the forest until he saw a strange looking she-cat. She was a light brown tabby with a white underbelly and paws. And tip of her tail. She also had this weird thing around her neck. And the little golden thing on it said something. "Dixie."