Chapter 9

Willowpaw: Skinny black she-cat with green eyes.

Alex: Cream and white tom with blue eyes.

Dockheart: Cream and brown she-cat with white underbelly and white muzzle. Blue eyes.

Willowpaw led Alex to exit of the camp. She smiled at him. "Are you ready?" She asked. Alex looked uneasy. "I-I don't know. What about my mom?" He looked over at Dockheart who was talking to some other cats not knowing that her son was about to leave the camp. Willowpaw looked at her and then at Alex again. "I told you you don't have to do this if it will make you miss her." She said. Alex sighed and turned to Willowpaw's gaze. "No." He smiled. "I'm coming and I'm ready." He said. Willowpaw nodded and she ran out of the camp exit. That was the last time I'll leave that camp. Alex came after her. Then they leaped with joy and ran on the grass, passing the trees. They were going to find their real home. Then a thought came to Willowpaw's mind. Where was  IvyClan? She remembered her training when she got to see all the enemy clan's borders. If she can scent IvyClan, she knew she was close. "How do you know where you're going?" Asked Alex. "I was just thinking about that. I don't know. We just have to hope we scent them soon." She said hoping that would be easy. She stopped, her paws rubbed against the grass. Then she sniffed. "I'm still smelling FlowerClan." She said. Alex blinked. "That's because we just left. We're still in FlowerClan territory." He said. Willowpaw sighed. "I know. I just...want to be there..." She said. Alex came over to her and brushed his big fluffy tail on Willowpaw's shoulder. Then he sighed. "Me too. This may take a long time...but we will get there." He said smiling at her. Willowpaw smiled. Then she got up and kept walking. "You're right. Let's keep going. As they were walking Willowpaw started talking. "What do you think the dens look like?" She purred. Alex purred. "I don't know!" He said excitedly.

It was night time, and it was raining. Luckily, Willowpaw found a little shelter for her and Alex to sleep in. They headed inside and curled up into little balls of fur. Willowpaw shivered as a tiny drop of rain hit her head and then she heard thunder. She backed away and curled up again. Alex was sound asleep. Willowpaw sighed and closed her eyes. Help us find our home, StarClan.