Chapter 16

We're headed to New Haven, which was a good 5 hours away from our territory. If only someone was able to shift, then we'd have been there in a few hours.

We're near our destination, only a good 20 minutes away.

"Ahem, can you stop flirting with my sister!" Nathaniel who was silent in the passenger side of his truck suddenly screeched at the pair in the backseat. Yes, we had a little group with us who wanted to come to new territory and 'explore'.

The group included Misha, Reece, Shayla, Nate, and me. Blake couldn't come because the pack couldn't be left unguarded and the car was a bit too small for everyone.

The whole time Reece made little jokes to Misha, and whispered things to her, like we couldn't hear. We excludes Nate who was frustrated but Misha didn't take his shit. He kept pestering us to tell him what they were whispering to each other but if we did it'll make him crazy.

"Nathaniel can you stop cock blocking, I'm never in your business, let me be happy!" Nate stuck his head to the back where he was facing the two. Shayla was like me, minding our business, because their little sibling bickering would go on.

"You're just a kid Misha, guys like him are bad, he'll just use you. Trust me, Reece is not good-"

"You can't be fucking serious, you're worse than him. You literally couldn't give a damn about any of your past relationships, Nate. Reece and I are just talking, that's it."

"I wouldn't do your sister like that," through the rearview mirror,  Reece's face was scrunched up with distaste "I enjoy spending time with Misha, I wouldn't fuck it up."

He was genuine. Reece is very blunt, but he doesn't lie, at least not to me, his alpha.

Plus it was a bit obvious that him and his wolf had a crush on the girl.

Nate will not like the upcoming news.

"Nate, just leave them alone." I grabbed his forearm so that he was facing forward. "We're entering another packs territory so we need to stay alert. We don't want any problems with Conrad's pack. Also no one mention that Nate is no longer in contact with his wolf."

Conrad is the alpha of the territory we're entering. Being the number one pack in the country had it perks, many feared us, but also wanted to be us. Conrad was neutral, he shown no interest in that stuff, which made him more dangerous.

No alpha liked being walked over in their own territory.

None.

——————

Nathaniel POV

"You must be Alpha Killian and his mate the beta, Nathaniel." The man, more like tree, Alpha Conrad, greeted us with a smirk and handshake. I didn't like the way my name rolled off his tongue. Killian extended his hand to greet the fellow alpha, with a tight lipped smile.

I could tell he didn't like him too.

He seemed to be in his mid twenties, from what I know he recently became alpha.  He killed the previous alpha and took the Luna as his. The Luna was unmarked, he took advantage of that and marked her his.

He wasn't marked though.

He was pretty disgusting, but compared to other alphas, this was normal.

"Lets get straight to the point, Alpha Conrad. Do you know where the witch Lucien is at?"

"And here I was thinking you were a naive little brat," he said speaking with Killian but his eyes lingered on me. I don't like the stares I was receiving from this man. "I see you trained your little pet well, when you're done using him send him my way. I curious on how he'll taste," he finished as he licked his lips.