Chapter 18

BLAKES POV

Shit

it was happening again.

The endless wails of my wolf calling for his mate. It's been less than 48 hours and I've almost gone crazy. Not only that, being stuck in a box filled with the smell of paper and ink, was nauseating.

While my beautiful mate and the others were gone, I unfortunately was given the task to organize files and keep the pups in shape. Alpha Domonique and alpha Matthew, took over pack affairs after our alpha Killian went on the trip. Meaning that everyone was either training, studying, or watching the border.

After the rogue sightings the border was pretty much normal, besides the fact that everyone probably knew something wasn't right. Especially when the council elders were gathered in the meeting room discussing the events of the recent.

Too much shit was happening at once to be a coincidence.

And the stack of papers left on the desk wasn't getting any smaller. I needed a fucking break. I stood up and left my office, discreetly, so that no one found out. Alpha Dom was and still is strict, no breaks until after the job is over.

Nathaniel was lucky I considered him a brother, I would perhaps do some shit like Killian to protect him.

Maybe not,

Killian is creepily obsessed with his mate. Even before his 18th birthday, they were weirdly close, Nathaniel triggered Killian to do the unthinkable. I get shivers thinking what Killian did behind Nate's back just to make him happy.

Originally, it was just Nate and me. Then Kil was introduced and everything went downhill in our friendship.

I sighed and went to patrol the border.  The least I could do was help out with patrolling. The Jackson brothers and Mazen were in charge of patrolling today. They were excellent at their jobs, they've had provided every little detail on what they see or sense.

If they was anything out of place, they would be the first people to contact, other than the alpha, because they'd know.

The border was great and vast, just like the pack itself. My eyes roamed the area for any patrollers and I couldn't find any. None of the Jackson brothers or Mazen were in sight, which left me on high alert. The hairs on my skin stood up. I smelled iron.

Blood.

And it was strong.

I quickly shifted into my grey wolf to follow the scent permeating the zone. There was something extremely wrong. I mind linked the others to let them the situation. Backup would arrive, but I wanted to check for any survivors.

I arrived at the scene and instantly I wanted to gag. Mangeled corpses were scattered across the ground. I could make out the victim, but I knew it had to be Eli, the eldest brother. 

Shimmers of red eyes were transparent in the dark forest of our pack.

"Shit!"

We're under attack!

✏️.......................

Killian's POV

I acted irrational and played right into their grand plan.
And so, my people were in going to be killed for my actions.

I was a horrible alpha.
I couldn't protect them.
Not a single one.

"Killian get up, we have to go!
NOW! Don't blame yourself, if I wasn't the problem, we'd have been there for them. So please we have to go."

Nathaniel was already standing, ushering me to follow. Once the Lucien uttered this words I lost track of the conversation. My name was called multiple times but my thoughts were clouded with negative thoughts.

I could tell the others were extremely frantic, mind linking was out of the question because how far we were from our territory. Multiple calls were being made, but all went straight to voicemail.

This wasn't the time to sit and be depressed. 

I have the lives of my pack on my shoulders.

The witch was amused with the tiniest grin present on his face. "You're coming with us," I said to trigger him but the grin grew.

"Of course, I'd love to provide assistance to my partners. I would hate for anything to happen to your pack." Sarcasm dripped from his voice, but he wasn't the problem. At least right now.

We can't trust him.

I hated the fact that I was getting help from him but what could I do. He's one of the reasons why everything got so fucked up, he should at least help.

"So do you guys have transportation that fast?" The witch questioned, "I don't expect to be squished in a car full of raging hormones and puppies." Glares were being shot towards his direction, this wasn't the time for jokes.

"Okay, give me second, children. We'll be there in less than an hour!"

----

It was truly a sight. The nice kid-friendly classroom was now a scene straight from a horror movie. The neat lining if the desks were pushed to the corners, the center laid a the ritual for our return. The only thing that could be heard was Lucien chanting whatever he was saying.

I turned towards Nate, who had the biggest face of guilt. I slowly stalked toward him and sat on-top of the short desk, closely, so that our shoulders collided. The warmth of his skin left butterflies tickling the inside of my stomach.

The left side of my shoulder felt a bit heavy, with his head resting on it. Wetness spread from the area.

In a low whisper that was intended for only me to hear, my mate spoke "Kil, I'm so sorry. Even though we got Orion back, it only opened up more problems. What if what Micheal said was true?" I slowly moved his head aside so it was easier for me to access his face to wipe the tears away.

"Nathaniel my love, it's not your fault, we just fell into someone's plan. We can only pray to the moon goddess that everything turns out okay." My lips touched his own, that was a bit wet from the tears, this boy had me in a chokehold.

If anyone was to be put on blame, it'll be me.

"So are you guys ready? I've been waiting for a good minute, and theres no time to stall." Lucien spoke with the most serious face I've seen him with the entire time we've spent with the man. The circle was complete, at least from what the witch  said. Little flakes of salt and some type of rock was scatted into this weird shape, began to glow.

Lucien began chanting and doing some weird hand motions. I could feel my body breaking apart, splitting into two along with the hand that was wrapped with Nate who locked his eyes with mine.

This was it, it could be sunshine and rainbows or an absolute nightmare.

〰️〰️〰️
A/N

Heyyy, its been a while, I'm sorry for the long wait guys, writers block has been crazy. I appreciate you all who motivated me to continue this far, especially in this rough period of my life. Thank you🙇‍♀️