Showering

Cheryl knocked on her bedroom door. Toni was staying in there, as was the rest of the group staying in Thornhill. They all decided it would be a good idea to spend a week or so together to celebrate the defeat of Percival and Cheryl destroying the comet and who else had a big enough house to sleep all their friends.

She shifted her weight back and forth on her bare feet. She picked up the rather unsettling smell of herself and it made her cringe.

When the group of friends had finally taken down Percival and Cheryl successfully destroying the comet they had all been exhausted that each had fallen asleep immediately. The events of the last 48 hours  had left Cheryl so physically and emotionally drained that she hadn't even bothered to change let alone shower so when she woke up she intended to clean herself up.

The doorknob clicked and she heard Toni's sleeping voice call out, "Yes?"

"Hey,  I was about to take a shower and I was wondering if-if....uh..."

Cheryl trialed off as Toni opened the door wearing nothing but a white towel wrapped quite low around her chest, her dark brunette hair dripping water down her neck towards her very obvious cleavage. The redheads eyes involuntarily scanned down Toni's body.

"You were wondering...?" Toni's asked, and Cheryl could hear the smile in her voice. The redhead pulled her gaze back to meet Toni's  and shook her head slightly, trying to remember why she was here in the first place.

"...ah, I was wondering if I could have your towel... I mean an extra towel" she corrected herself. "I keep all my towels in my room, would i be able to get?, I was about to shower" Cheryl could feel herself blushing at the effect Toni had on her. She was always pretty collected, but now she tripped over words like she had never seen a women in a towel before, or to be exact like she had never seen Toni in a towel before.

She got the impression that not only could Toni tell she unsettled her but also that she was quite pleased with the fact.

"Yeah of course, I'll get you one, just give me a second" the brunette replied, and turned around back towards the ensuite, grabbing her dressing gown, that Cheryl had kept all these years, off of the bed as she went past. Cheryl followed her into the room, glancing round out of nerves like it wasn't her own room.

The bathroom door was still open ajar. Cheryl could see a gauge movement in the steamed mirror and heard the towel hit the floor. Looking away quickly she glanced around her room again trying to look anywhere but the bathroom.

"So, um, where's everyone else" the redhead asked, more to fill the silence than out of any curiosity.

"They all went to pops for breakfast" Toni called out from the bathroom. "They were going to wake you to join them but figured you probably needed the sleep"

"I know I'm a morning person" Cheryl smiled as she stated the fact, she's sure she'd probably didn't need to though, Toni definitely knew that already, "but it's 5 am, isn't that a little early for everyone else and dear I say even you, Toni?"

"Not at all sleeping beauty" the brunette replied, walking out in her dressing gown and carrying a clean, folded towel. "Jughead thought it was a good idea to wake everyone up to go to pops" she threw the towel at the redhead, which she thankfully caught "That man doesn't care what time of day it is he would never say no to a burger and fries"

Cheryl laughs at the fact, "So why are you still here" she asked Toni

"Well as you can see I just got out the shower" she gestures to her lack of clothing. "But I was waiting for you to wake up, I didn't find it fitting to go and celebrate at pops without the person who was the reason why we are all still alive" she shrugged like it was obvious.

"Right" she said, she don't know what to say to that, it took her off guard. There was an awkward pause when Toni didn't reply. "So...thanks for the towel" the redhead continued to break the silence, giving it a little shake and started to walk back to the door to leave Toni to get changed.

She was just about the close the door behind her when she felt Toni's hand close gently around her wrist.

The brunette hesitated, then said "thank you for everything...i know I should have said it sooner and I'm sure no one else has said it yet so... thank you cher, really, if it weren't for you none of us would be here, you've done so much for all of us"

Her apology and acknowledgement really touched the redhead. She thought she wouldn't get a thanks from any of her 'friends'.

"Of course... I would do it a millions times over if I had to" she smiled at the brunette.

"I know you would, because that's the kind of person you are, a real badass" Toni smirked smugly at her confession.

"I guess so" Cheryl's said shyly with a blush and a shrug of her shoulders and her stomach clenched a little because Toni had taken a step closer and smelled deliciously clean.

"I know for a fact we would all be dead right now if it weren't for you" Toni really wanted to show how much she appreciated all that  Cheryl had done for them all.

"I don't know, the group seem to be more capable of handling themselves and the situation, hell they all have powers, I'm sure they would have managed without me. I mean I was just a little...."

Cheryl didn't finished her rambling because Toni had moved closer to her and pressed her lips firmly against hers. "You are very humble do you not that" Toni laughed at her with a smile.

Toni scanned Cheryl's eyes, brown and dark and waiting for her response.

She smiled and cleared her throat, "well that was unexpected, but it took you long enough"

Toni barely had time to return the grin when the redhead pulled her head towards herself and crushed her mouth against the brunettes.

She tasted familiar, well of course she did it's not like the redhead hasn't kissed the brunette a millions times before. The taste lingered in her memory.... It was definitely the same vanilla lipgloss, she herself gifted Toni in high school. Her lips parted as Toni's tongue slid inside- definitely vanilla lipgloss.

The redhead ran her hand through the brunettes hair, which was still damp, and she groaned slightly as she remembered that she still hadn't showered.

Misinterpreting her, Toni pushed her up against the now closed bedroom door and skimmed her hand across the bare skin at the base of Cheryl's throat, which made it all the more difficult to stop.

"Are you okay?" Toni's asked, confused as the redhead eased her away, her hand remaining flat against the brunettes stomach. She fought the urge to trace her fingers into Toni's dressing gown and touch her.

"I still need to shower, remember? I'm disgusting" she said, and held up the towel she still clenched in one of her fists.

Without batting an eye, Toni's replied. "I don't mind taking another one"

Cheryl arched an eyebrow, then pushed the towel against the brunettes chest. She turned coolly and walked towards her bathroom. Deliberately, she pulled off her t-shirt and jeans in a quick swift motion and pulled the bun holder out of her hair, which tumbled down her neck. Pausing at the door to the bathroom, she looked back over her shoulder at Toni.

The brunette looked puzzled. Standing half-dressed in the doorway and Cheryl shivered. She could not remember her being more appealing.

"I expect everyone won't be back for a while" she said in a low voice, "which is good since I don't want any interruptions, but just in case-" she reach back to unhook her bra and she entered the bathroom, "-Lock the door behind you"

Toni smiled, shook her head, and complied.