Your love

Cheryl always found it hard to sleep at night when she found her mind in several different places at once. She liked to stay up as long as possible because she believed forever would never be enough time with Toni. So she would bask in the brunettes presence.

Beside her, Toni turns to her side, revealing her bare back to her and the redheads thoughts connect into one very simple one- Toni.

Cheryl is always smiling when she's around the brunette. It helps that her smile is infectious and easily draws her away from her thoughts.

She stares at her wife's back for an unknown amount of time memories of the times they've shared and the times they could've shared playing through her mind. The redhead thinks about all the time they wasted because they were both too scared to admit they were still in love with each other.

But she knows no matter how much she and Toni wanted to change the past, it was out of their control. And the past didn't matter anymore because they were together again and they couldn't be happier.

Toni stretches and slowly rolls over to face Cheryl, her body dark and beautiful beneath the white blanket. The brunette eyes open slightly, catching Cheryl looking across the room in an intense stare, clearly deep in thought. 

Cheryl doesn't see Toni's hand reaching out to her but she feels it against her face.

"What's on your mind?" Toni asked, a stretch and small yawn at the end.

"I'm pondering why you choose to be with a woman like me" she whispered back. She always wondered why; even since high school; someone like Toni would even give her the time of day.

Brunette smiled lovingly at her, hand cradling the redheads neck just underneath her ear.

"A lot of reasons but if I had to choose one" her voice trailed off in a moment of thought "I think maybe it's because of the way you love me"

Cheryl is startled to hear the almost girlish and flirtatious whisper of Toni's confession. It makes her heart flutter and she has to bite down hard on her inner cheek to keep the tears at bay.

"Why do you say that" she finally managed, her fingers trailing up and down the length of Toni's arm.

"You love me so unconditionally and I believe you'll love me forever no matter what" she whispered trembling slightly at the feeling of Cheryl's fingers against her skin. "And I love you and nothing could ever change that"

"I will love you forever no matter what" And Cheryl meant it, no matter how long or short their forever was.