Chapter 3

"Laufeyson?" I looked to Loki, and he took a deep breath.

"Ok. Everyone out. Let them talk in private." The redhead said, leaving no room for debate. Everyone quickly filed out the room, leaving Loki and I alone.

"Lola, I was going to tell you." He slowly started.

"What? Tell me what? That you sat there while I told you what really happened all those centuries ago, about how I had a brother who was kidnapped and most likely killed? That you sat there while I told you that my father looked for his son for centuries before finally being forced to accept the fact that his son is dead? That I was looked at as if I was crazed for believing that my brother was alive?" Tears were willingly falling down my face, as i slowly made my way over to him, as my magic was glitching and twitching all around me.

"You could have told me." My voice involuntarily broke. Loki hugged me and I cried into his chest. "Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered.

"I was scared. Scared of rejection. Scared of not being accepted. Scared of the truth. I was going to tell you when we had the chance to be alone, not knowing how you would react." He quietly said as he cradled me.

"I would never not accept you." I muttered.

..........

We talked for around half an hour before the Midgardians came back. "Neither of them are dead. That's good, right?" The man, who was previously called Tony, said to no-one in particular.

I looked at him as if he grew three heads. "We would not kill eachother, Tony. I was annoyed, and upset. Not homicidal." I said to him.

"Not yet, you're not. Give it a few days and you will be itching to throw him out a window." Loki responded to me.

"Nothing you haven't done before, Reindeer Games. Maybe she can throw me properly."

"No one is getting defenestrated today! Lola, how about I show you to your room?" The redhead asked, trging to defuse a problem before it got worse. I stood up and followed her.

"Well that was awkward. I'm Nat, by the way." She said. I smiled and nodded my head.

I still can't believe he didn't tell me. I'm not sure whether to be mad at him for not mentioning anything, or upset that he thought I wouldn't accept him. How long would he have waited to tell me? A day? A week? A month? He said he would tell me once we were alone, but he had that chance when we first met. We were both alone in the garden, yet he did not say it then.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Nat stopping infront of a door. "Here it is. It's a bit bland, but I'm sure your magic can fix that. Here is the key, try not to loose it. Friday will tell you when to come out for dinner." She said as she opened the door and handed me a silver key.

I thanked her and she shut the door.

I turned to face my new room. Nat was right. This is bland. Dull grey walls with a double bed and a chest of draws at the end. There was a wardrobe (closet, if you are American) on the far side of the room, opposite the door. There was a en-suit bathroom with a shower. This is easy to fix.

With a flick of my wrist, my room transformed into something more...comfortable.

The walls went from the dull grey, to a forest green, with silver vine-like patterns on it. The double bed turned into a queen-sized four poster, with curtains that match the walls. Mahogany bookshelves lined the wall near the door, infront of the bed. What once was a singular wardrobe, was now an entry way into a walk-in wardrobe.

The en-suit that used to only hold a toilet, a small sink, and a one-person shower, was more spacious. It held a double shower, a large bathtub, a toilet, and a sink with a cupboard underneath it to hold what it must. The walls of the bathroom were tiled white with a forest green line running through the middle, and there was a soft rectangular rug in the middle of it all.