Chapter Fifteen: Revived

~(Y/n)'s POV~

Trunks hadn't stopped talking since you'd left Capsule Corp, waving his hands around excitedly as he spoke. You were a little surprised at how much air his lungs seemed to hold as he told you the entire story about how they'd met Mirai. It was interesting, though you supposed the multiverse theory wasn't all that hard to grasp considering your situation. When Trunks finally stopped talking, you'd walked a good ways away from the city, and you decided to ask where exactly you were going to be training at.
"So, where are we sparring?"

You glanced down at the young boy, head tilted. He grinned up at you, and pointed out towards the plateaus out in the distance.
"Out there! It's where we normally train since it's pretty empty out there." You nodded in understanding, squinting out at the expanse of plains and rocks.
"Better start walking then. It's quite a walk," you mused, placing your hands in your pockets.

Trunks fixed you with a confused stare.
"What do you mean 'walk'? We were just going to fly out there," You blinked at his statement.
"Fly?" you questioned, still processing the words, "How, exactly?" The boy simply shrugged, and within moments, he was hovering over the ground with an amused look on his face.

"It's easy, see?" he let out a laugh, doing a few flips.
"That's all fine and dandy, kid, but I've got no clue how to do that," you hummed. Mirai stepped into the corner of your vision, an understanding look on his face.
"That's ok. Most people don't know how to control their ki when they start out," he said, placing a hand on his neck.
"Oh, (Y/n) knows how to use ki!" Trunks piped up, floating over your head.

Mirai turned to look at you with a questioning look, and you nodded. You held out your hand, watching a small ball of light appear in your hand. It hovered above your palm before it dissipated, and you hummed.
"I'm still pretty new to it, but I know some simple stuff about it," you said, turning your gaze back to Mirai, who was still watching you.
"Well, we can teach you if you'd like," he offered with a smile.

Before you could answer, Trunks butted in, knocking into your shoulders playfully.
"We can do it later!! I want to spar with you guys now!" he whined, tugging on your shirt. You swatted at him playfully.
"Ok, ok! You can teach me later," you chuckled at his impatience, "But I'm not walking all the way there," Trunks laughed, and floated away from you.

"That's ok! He can carry you!" he said, pointing at his older counterpart, who nodded.
"If that's ok with you though," You nodded, smiling slightly.
"Yup! I don't mind," you hummed. Mirai nodded, stepping forwards and scooping you up into his arms bridal style.

It was a little unexpected, and your face flushed a little. Mirai didn't seem to notice, and you watched in awe as the two of you started to lift up into the air.
"Alright, now let's go!" Trunks took off at a quick speed, and you watched as he grew further away.
"Hold on tight," Mirai said as he started to pick up speed as well, and your grip on him tightened.

It was a fairly short trip flying, and you were amazed as you watched the world blur past from above. Before you knew it, you were being set back on your own feet.
"SO! What was your first time flying like?" Trunks questioned excitedly once you'd brushed yourself off.
"It was fun," you said with a grin, giving him a thumbs up. Mirai chuckled behind you.

"Well, we're here now. So what are the rules for the spar?" he questioned, glazing around the clearing to make sure you were alone. Trunks laughed, rubbing his hands together, and you didn't trust the mischievous look in his eyes.
"Alright, so, here are the rules..."

~Time Skip; One Set Of Rules Later~

You were starting to realize you needed more training from Navi-Sama, especially in the ki department. As you watched Trunks and Mirai exchange ki shots above your head, it occurred to you how little you really knew about the new universe you lived in. Aliens, anthropomorphic animals, androids and time travel were only the tip of the iceberg. You sighed, flopping back onto the patchy grass and dirt to stare at the blue sky. Maybe you'd pay Navi-Sama a visit soon.