Chapter 3

Me and Bree caught the train back to school and we parted ways from there. I walked into my dorm to find the girls with the boys. When did they all become best friends. I walked into my room and shut the door. I put my coffee stained sweater in my laundry basket. Maybe I'll find a way to get the stain out. Or I'll just have to spill coffee on the rest of it and make it a coffee colored sweater. I put my hand in the pocket of Nicholas's jacket and felt a piece of paper. I pulled the paper out and unfolded it.

It was... 

"Come in." I said folding the paper and put it under my pillow. I took the jacket off as well and behold Nicholas walked in. "You know this stalking." I said. He closed the door and leaned against the wall by my desk. "You have my jacket." He said talking about said jacket hanging off of my chair. "I was gonna return it later when you were leaving."

"Why not just have given it to me now?" He asked walking closer. "Cause that would mean a conversation with you and possibly with my sisters which I was trying to avoid. See that didn't work out quite well though." I put my hand against his chest to stop him from getting any closer. "How did I not know you worked in the diner?" He asked. "How did I know that your such an insufferable idiot that of course you would ask me about this?" I replied.

"Why won't you just talk to your sisters and fix things?" Great we're now playing twenty questions. "Why do you care?" Silence for a minute. "Why do you wanna know?"

"Why do you have a drawing of me?" I blurted out. Shit wasn't supposed to say that. "How did you-" He stopped. "The jacket." He finished. "You didn't answer my question." I said. "I don't have to." He grabbed his jacket. "Well then you don't need the drawing." I said now holding it between my middle and pointer fingers." He turned around. "You don't see me stealing your artwork so give it." He said.

"Tell me why. Why do you have a drawing of me?" I said this time calmer. "I draw what I see Pierce. And you just happened to be there one day and I needed something new to draw besides trees and the sky for once." He said now with a more annoyed tone. He walked over and grabbed the paper before walking towards the door. "It's a lovely drawing. Your a good artist." I said. 

"I had a good muse." He said before walking out of my room and closing the door. Did he just compliment me? No right. I mean we're talking about the guy I despise and he despises me. It's how it's always been. That can never change. To be honest I think that's the one consistent thing in my life.

I took the book I bought out of my bag and sat on my bed to read it. Of course I've read this book before but the limited edition cover was like the hardest thing to find. So when Bree was telling me I should put myself first for once and then that happens to be the last copy in the bookstore. Clearly it was there for a reason. Now I'm not a big fate and signs persons because of my past. But clearly this was something. 

Penelope told Bree and I not to come into work today because it was snowing really bad. Apparently we were supposed to get a snowstorm so the diner wasn't even gonna open today. So just a random Saturday. I actually have no idea what to do. I always have work I never really have free time like this. I got up and showered before I changed and than spent most of my time trying to remove the stain for my shirt.

"That's not gonna work." I jumped and turned around. "You boys are in my dorm." I said. "Yes." Will said. "Why?" I asked. "Your sisters told us we could come over." Jack said. "Ugh. Venus! Scarlett!" Venus walked out of her room. "What? Oh hey boys." She said. "Deal with them." I said. "Let me wake up Scarlett first. You know how she'll get if she finds out the boys are here and she's looking how she always does when she wakes up." She said.

"I feel offended." Scarlett said walking out. "I don't care what you feel as long as you get them out of here." I said. "Rory don't be a buzzkill. They are here to hang out." She said. "Like they've been all fucking week." I broke the brush I was using to try and get the stain out. "Great." I dropped the sweater and the brush in the sink and walked to my room slamming the door.

I sat down at the window sit. There was a knock. "If you're who I think it is, go away." I said leaning my head against the wall. The door opened and closed. "You really don't understand go away do you?"

"I never listened." He said. "What do you want Nicholas?" I asked. "You know your really the only one that calls me Nicholas all the time. Everyone else calls me Nicco." He came and sat down next to me. "Nicco doesn't sound right to me. Besides your friends call you Nicco. We're not friends." I said. He handed me my sweater. "I got the stain out. Took some time but I was able too."

"Thanks." I set it on my lap. "You know we don't have to despise each-other right. We could get along." He said. "Us arguing and hating each-other is the only thing that I know will happen everyday when I wake up. It's the one thing in my life that I know won't change and I don't want it too." I said.

"At least come sit out there with us? Venus and Scarlett want you out there." He said. "Please Scarlett is only interested in Jack and Venus finds Scarlett embarrassing herself quite entertaining. They don't need or want me."

"Maybe you are right. Maybe they don't need you. But that doesn't mean they don't want you there." He said. "Look Nicholas I really don't need your advice on how to be a sibling. Your an only child you don't even know what the first thing to having siblings is like." I said pissed. And the truth is I wasn't even pissed at him. It's the fact that there is less than a week until the Christmas ball and my birthday just happens to fall on the date. December 22nd. It's currently December 17th. "I don't have bio siblings but Will and Jack are pretty damn close to my brothers." He said standing up. "Thank you for the sweater." I said.

He walked out. Just like yesterday. It's like a fucking repeating cycle. I started to burst into tears bringing my head to my knees and just sitting there. Crying, pathetic, doing absolutely nothing with my life while my sisters are in the next room having the time of theirs.

I stood up and looked into the mirror wiping my eyes. Good thing I didn't put makeup on today. I need to get out of here. I need to go somewhere to clear my head.

I put on my boots and walked out. Not saying a single word. I walked into the courtyard. It was still snowing. Probably not the best idea to come out here without a coat. But I had on a long sleeve shirt and I didn't plan on staying out here for long. At least I don't think. I decided to walk around a bit until I went into the forest that was a couple miles away from the school. I just walked. I don't know how far or how deep in the forest I was but the last I do remember is slipping on some ice and falling.