Chapter 6

I went in the back room to cover my neck with makeup. It was enough to make sure it wasn't so see-able while I was working. Me and Bree had only been put on for the breakfast shift today. Which I don't understand why Penelope won't let us work more. I mean I could definitely use the money and Bree said she was more than happy to help.

I cleared the plates and the girls were giggling. "What are you two so happy about?" I asked. "Penelope gave us early Christmas gifts." Scarlett said. I nodded and walked away from their side.

"Crazy girls." I mumbled. "So I have a question." Nicholas stated. "You know its quite normal to just state the question instead of stating that you have a question." I replied smirking knowing I pissed him off. "You're such a brat." He said "Not what you were calling me earlier." I whispered. "That actually leads me to my question. Are you free tonight?"

I paused and looked at him. "It's a simple question Rory." He said. "I know it is but I also know the saying that follows right after." I replied. We both stayed quiet for a minute. If I said yes to a date with him that would screw shit up.

The girls would probably hate me. 'Do something for yourself for once. Don't worry about your sisters' I remember the words Bree always said to me.

I sighed and he looked confused. "I am." I simply said. "Ready to go?" Will asked Nicholas. The rest were standing. "Yeah." He said and stood up.

"Sis maybe you can join us when you get off of work." Venus said. "I'll see." I said. They smiled and started to walk out. "Nicco." He turned to me. "The answer is yes if your asking what I think you are." I said. "I'll see you later Rory." He said and left. I could feel my smile. "Did he ask you out?" Bree asked

"Wait our little Rory got asked out?!" Betty said. "What?" Penelope asked walking out of her office. "Way to tell everyone." I said to Bree. "Sorry." She said. Our shift was ending right after her last table. "So who is he?" Penelope asked. "Nicholas Rossi." I mumbled so Betty and the others couldn't hear. "The same Nicholas Rossi your always complaining about?"

"Yes." I said softly. "Have fun tonight." She said. "Oh and since I gave it to your sisters already." She handed me an envelope. "Merry early Christmas." She said. I took the envelope and she walked back to her office.

...

We clocked out and then started to walk around a little. "So do you know what the plan is for tonight?" She asked. "No. I didn't even know the plan when he pulled me into the fucking bathroom with him." I said "WAIT WHAT?!"

"Not like that! We didn't have sex. We did do something though." I said and she smirked. "I gotta pick up more birth control." I said and we walked into the store. We both picked ours up and left. "Sis!" Venus jumped from behind me.

"Jesus Christ." I said. Bree and Scarlett were laughing. Someone bent down and picked up what I dropped. Nicholas. I quickly grabbed it and put it in my bag. "Hoping to find a guy to fuck you or something?" Jack asked. "Its to help regulate my periods." I said with a glare towards him. "Makes more sense." Jack finished and Nicholas hit his arm. "Cut it out." He said and they started talking. "So what are you two doing right now?" Will asked. "Um we don't know." Bree said. "I'm gonna head back to the school. Homework." I said. "Yeah no." Scarlett said.

"Spend time with us." She pleaded. "Don't look at me like that." I said. Venus and Bree joined her. "Ugh fine." I said.

They all jumped up knowing they won.

We all hung out and then we were at the park. It was a little chilly out by not to bad. I was sitting on the bench with my book when someone sat down next to me. "You know it's not safe when we are around each-other." I said. "Seems like we just have a problem keeping our hands off each-other." He replied.

I looked over at the girls and the boys they were messing around. I turned back to Nicholas and gave him a quick and short kiss. "What was that for?" He asked.

"For you to contain yourself and keep your hands off me until tonight." I said. "Are you promising something?" I rolled my eyes. "One thing I will never promise you is sex. Please learn that now." I said softly.

"Rory I didn't mean it like that. I-." We were cut of by Bree coming over. "Come with me." She said. "I'm already here Bree. Don't push it."

She grabbed my book and handed it Nicholas and pulled me up. "Sorry Nicholas but you'll get her tonight you can part for a little while." She said and I started laughing. She pulled me to the playground and we laid on the slides.

"I saw you starting to look upset which is the real reason I pulled you away." She stated. "What did he say?" She asked. I sat up. "Bree no. He didn't say anything. I was just embarrassed about earlier." I said. "That was funny." She said chuckling. "Fuck you." I said. "Say that to Nicholas." She said laughing harder now.

I shook my head in defeat and laid back down next to her. "So what's up with Venus?" She asked. "I don't know. She's been acting weird. I think it has something to do with Will." I replied. "She likes him?" She asked. "He likes her. And she doesn't know how she feels about him." I said and looked over to them. Jack was chasing Scarlett around. "You're dead!" He yelled picking her up and she was dying of laughter.

Venus was with Will and she was trying to play with a stray cat. Nicholas was exactly where I left him but he was drawing now. I laid there a little longer with Bree before looking at the time. "We should head back." I said. "You have a date to get ready for." She joked.

"Shut up." I said getting up. "Guys come on we gotta head back!" I said.