033. close the gate

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
THIRTY FOUR!
close the gate
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮THIRTY FOUR! close the gate╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

The drive to the outskirts of Hawkins was a hectic one to be honest. The group didn't understand why they had allowed the rebellious redhead, Max Mayfield, to sit behind the wheel but they had no choice due to the circumstances surrounding the actual licensed drivers (Steve and Stanley Harrington).

This forced the group of teens to settle their own nerves and occasional nausea to deal with the constant drifting and high speed. The fact that the group of eight had all jammed themselves into the small five seater of Steve Harrington's BMW was not helping but they somehow worked out a decent enough seating arrangement.

The group of preteens' eyes were pulled away from the road when they heard an audible groan come from the back seat. It definitely belonged to the eldest, Steve Harrington, who was clearly starting to wake up from his harsh sleep.

"Nancy?" He called out in a mumble, glancing up at Mike Wheeler. The annoyed boy gave him a dirty look in return.

"No, don't touch it." Dustin ordered, when he saw the older teen trying to inspect his own wounds that were covered in childish bandaids. "Hey, buddy, it's okay. You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass but you put up a good fight. You're okay."

"Okay, you're gonna keep straight for half a mile." Wendy spoke up, glancing down at the road map in her hands. She had luckily found it in the glovebox. "Then make a left at Mount Sinai."

"What's going on?" Steve questioned, rushing to sit up. His eyes almost popped out of his head when he spotted Max Mayfield in the driving seat. "Oh my god!" He freaked out.

"Just relax." Dustin tried his best to calm. "It's Max. She knows how to drive."

"Yeah, in a parking lot." Mike pointed out, not helping to calm the older Harrington boy at all.

"That's still more than you can." Stanley reminded.

"Besides the point, they were gonna leave you behind but I promised that you'd be cool, ok?" Dustin assured the teen.

"Oh my god!" Steve exclaimed before Max had pressed down harder on the gas pedal.

This had caused the small car to speed up even more as it made its way down the narrow road. This action had caused Steve to panic even more. "Woah, woah, woah, woah! What's going?! Oh my god! No! Woah! Stop the car! Slow down!" He begged.