005. painful memories of the past

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
FIVE!
painful memories of
the past
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮FIVE! painful memories of the past ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

A poorly lit light flickered obnoxiously in one of Hawkins Laboratory's designed interrogation room. The small room reeked of heavy bleach cleaner and must but somehow, it's researchers endured in order to complete their designated studies.

In the small room, four figures sat together at a metal table. Most of them were adults, who worked at the lab as researchers. But there was one little girl who sat among them and she happened to be the main test subject of the experiment.

The little girl was only known by one name, subject nine. She had no other name (that she could remember) but that's what all of the adults referred her to. She was just the ninth child to participate in their very important studies.

To put it into perspective, Nine was different from other kids. Sure, she looked and act like every other child but she was special. And by special, I mean that she possessed a unique set of an abilities that nobody of the human race could ever imagine.

Her mind was inherently advanced than the average person. She was gifted with the ability of mind control. She was able to tap into the core of any random person's mind and make them see whatever she wanted them to. She could create any optical illusion and use it to her benefit, making her a very special child.

"Nine." Dr Brenner called, breaking the young girl out of her daydreaming. She stopped staring at the ceiling above and instantly locked eyes with the older man, who sat beside her.

"Are you ready to proceed with the experiment?" He asked in a gentle tone.

Despite the girl's constant participation in these experiments, she was still uncomfortable around most of the adults. She just sat in her hair, nervously fiddling with her simple braids. She so desperately wanted to get this done and over with and go back to the main playroom to draw.

"Yes, Dr Brenner." Nine nodded obediently.

"Good, good, that's what I like to hear." Dr Brenner sighed in relief at her obedience. He glanced over at the other researchers and nodded to confirm that he was about to start the experiment.

"What you're going to do for me is very special? I'm gonna need you to go through everyone's mind in this room to see who's lying." Dr Brenner explained, placing down a collection of pictures onto the table.