Chapter 34: Mason Ohara

"What the fuck are you two doing?!"

We break apart with a jump, a blush flaring into Piper's cheeks. Alpha stands at the warehouse gym door, one hand gripping the trim.

"I can explain."

"You both will give me one! Piper, let's go."

She fast-walks to Alpha, her head down staring at her feet.

If he makes her cry, I'm going to fucking shoot him.

And then once they leave the room, I panic.

What if he kicks me out? I mean, where would I go? What would I do with my life? This is my home, I don't have anywhere else, what the fuck would I do? These are the only people that have accepted my crazy-ass self. 

I mean, with all the damage that I've done, they probably don't fucking want me around anymore. No, no, no. Dr. Maya said I shouldn't say those things about myself anymore. Fuck, fuck, fuck. This is so fucking stupid.

I deserve to be happy. Alpha gets to have his girl, why can't I have mine? He's not going to fucking take her away from me. I doubt he would though. He just would kick me out. But would Piper go with me? I can't imagine having her drop her entire life for me. 

She's found great friends here. But I can't live without her. She would have to choose, and I can't do that to her. It would kill me, but I would force her to stay here. Unless she wanted to leave with me.

How can I know that's what she wants though?

If I have to leave, I have no clue what I'm going to fucking do. I would lose everything all over again. I don't know if I could survive that and come out wanting to live again. 

Dr. Maya said I shouldn't think like that earlier. I'm just beginning to make progress with her. What if I have to leave and can't see her again? What if I leave and can never see Piper again?

What's Alpha saying to her in there? I'm not fucking afraid to kill him. I kind of am, but I would push past that if he hurts her. He won't though. He's not the kind of dude. They are probably just having a nice chat because that's what people do and it's totally fine.

Overloaded with aggression, I throw my fist at the punching bag, cradling it when pain shoots up my arm.

"That wasn't smart."

I whip my body around in surprise, giving Alpha a death stare when I see him.

"Where's Piper?"

"With the group at the front of the warehouse. She's fine."

"How can I trust that?"

"I'm not your enemy, Bullet."

What the fuck? He's the one that is going to fucking ruin my life. Of course, he's the goddamn enemy.

"But aren't I in trouble?"

"No. Why would you be in trouble?" Alpha questions intensely.

Huh? Didn't I break one of the biggest rules in the MC?

I scrunch my eyebrows, tilting my head at his words.

"Because Piper and I are together."

"Why would you be in trouble for that?"

What is happening?

My arms cross as I question him from across the gym.

"Because it's against the rules."