Chapter 1: ATTRACTIONS, DISTRACTIONS

It wasn't her first time flying, but she sure as hell wasn't feeling right about it.

Roseanne Park sat by the window, first-class, on a plane bound for Hawaii, waiting for take-off. It wasn't her idea, but somehow her friends, Jungkook and Lisa, convinced her to get out of town. Maybe they had a point. She did need some time away to clear her head and get over her writer's block; and spending some time in a new place might help her get some perspective. However, she couldn't help but be suspicious, especially when they paid for her plane ticket and arranged her hotel accommodations.

First of all, those two brought nothing in her life but trouble. And second, it was the first time they really thought of Rosé's (or her career's) welfare.

Trying to relax, Rosé picked up the copy of that day's LA Times, turned the pages to the entertainment section, and snorted upon seeing the bold letters pertaining to that notorious Hollywood playgirl dominating that section again, seen recently with her 'flavor of the week'. Some people just didn't know how easy they had it.

Rosé stared at the beautiful picture of the movie star printed on the newspaper. She was undeniably gorgeous and was an amazing actress. She heard the girl sing a couple of times on a TV show, which the actress was once a part of before she shot to fame; and she was flawless. Looking into striking cat-like brown eyes as if the actress was staring back at her, Rosé couldn't understand how this girl could be so uncontrollable and careless as to let herself get involved in so many Hollywood scandals that would have buried her career six feet under, if it weren't for her natural talent.

It was unbelievable how Jennie Kim managed to keep her career afloat after she came out, and with those nasty break-ups and meaningless flings sensationalized in the tabloids and internet gossip sites.

Well, scandalous or not, she had to admit, she'd definitely want the Korean in her screenplay, that is, if she actually gets to write one. She was stuck at the moment, thus, the Hawaii trip. Since she was young, she had always dreamt of becoming a writer. She thought of her late father, how he would smile when one of her scripts would turn into a movie. The thought of him made her smile.

One day, she's going to make him proud.

With the newspaper still in her hands, the blonde writer made herself more comfortable in the plush chair. It wasn't everyday that she got to travel first-class, after all.

Rosé was immersed in her reading when somebody took the aisle seat beside her. The first thing that got her attention was the whiff of expensive feminine perfume, which forced her to tear herself from her reading, and be mesmerized by a pair of mocha orbs, staring back at her.

For a moment, their eyes locked.

She felt her heart stop.

Rosé had never seen anyone so stunningly beautiful in her life. When she allowed herself to blink, the cat-shaped eyes were focused somewhere else, and the blonde writer found herself staring at the astonishing right profile of no other than-

Her eyes snapped back to the paper she was holding, turned the pages back to the entertainment section that she had been reading a while ago, examined the picture of the actress, and then looked back at the incredibly fragrant and dazzling woman now sitting beside her.

Fuck.

Jennie Kim was right next to her, totally oblivious to the hyperventilating blonde gawking at her. The newspaper photo did not give the brunette justice at all. The actress was a hundred times more beautiful in person. And she didn't even have make-up on. Sensing that she was being stared at, the actress turned her head towards Rosé and caught the blonde's eyes locked at the sight of her lips.