CHAPTER 10: PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

Chanyeol had no idea what hit him.

The fist that made contact with his face felt small, but it was powerful enough to send him tumbling down. The floorboards squeaked as his body hit the wooden porch floor with a loud thud. He rolled in pain; his hands clutching at his nose and groaning as he felt the sticky liquid which no doubt was blood trickling down.

He was still reeling at the force of the punch that caused his vision to blur and head to spin. As he opened his eyes, Chanyeol made out two figures towering at him. He could hear them arguing. After a few seconds, he finally heard them clearly. Jisoo was trying to pacify Jennie and pulling her away by the arm but seeing that anger fueled Jennie, he doubted Jisoo could stop her.

Chanyeol should have anticipated it.

Chanyeol sat by the edge of his bed, his face on his hands. Jisoo was picking up the clothes that strewn the floor. Tensed silence permeated the room. It was strange, how the atmosphere was so different than just a few minutes ago. But he uttered one word. No, one name, and as soon as it came out of Chanyeol's mouth, Jisoo was forced out of her lust-filled haze.

When their eyes met, Chanyeol saw the pair of brown eyes filled with pain, surprise, and disbelief. There might also have been some anger there. He couldn't believe himself. He couldn't believe he called out that name, when he was kissing Jisoo. He couldn't believe that he gave in and actually went this far with Jisoo. He lasted so many years avoiding anything intimate with the brunette designer, knowing that he'd just hurt her. He knew they were better off as friends. But today, that was exactly what he did. He let himself get carried away and took advantage of Jisoo's vulnerability.

He was the cause of her pain.

"Who's Rosé?" Jisoo's soft voice trembled. She coaxed him to admit which of the girls he dated was the Rosé he was referring to. She had a feeling that she already knew her.

Jisoo was holding back her tears. This situation was embarrassing enough as it was; she had to at least try to preserve some of her dignity.

Chanyeol did not answer. He just turned his eyes away. He couldn't bear looking at those eyes anymore.

"Do you have feelings for Rosé?" It was clear who Jisoo was referring to. She did catch the glances Chanyeol stole from the writer, but she didn't think much of it. She honestly believed that it meant nothing.

Until Chanyeol called out Rosé's name.

Again, he did not respond. He figured it would be better not to. He didn't know what to say. He knew it was wrong to feel something for Rosé. But could anyone really blame him? It wasn't intentional. The blonde writer just made him feel things. He didn't even know those kinds of feelings exist before.

"Oh my god. She's married, Chanyeol! To our friend! She's Jennie's wife!" Jisoo was seething now. Chanyeol jumped in surprise.

An angry Jisoo was a rare sight.

"Say something!" She threw Chanyeol's shirt at him.

"Jennie better not screw it up then." He said.

Jisoo stared at him in disbelief. The tears she had been holding were streaming down her cheeks; her feelings, a mash of everything.

"I can't believe this." She shook her head in disappointment. She was disappointed with herself. She was disappointed with Chanyeol. She was disappointed she let herself get carried away by the feelings that blinded her.