Chapter 1: Alexander Corvus

Living in the capital village of Ravenwood, known as Amare, is a charismatic young man named Alexander Corvus. The village is surrounded by lush greenery, and the houses are made of timber and stone. Alexander's modest home, which he shared with his ailing mother, Anna Corvus, was situated on the outskirts of the village, just a stone's throw from the cotton gin mill where they worked. Despite the family's lack of wealth, their home was clean and well-kept, with colorful flowers and a well-tended vegetable garden in the front yard.

Alexander was a handsome young man, with piercing blue eyes that shone like sapphires and a thick head of jet-black hair that was always styled to perfection. His mother, Anna, was a strong and determined woman with a warm and loving personality. She had deep-set hazel eyes and soft silver hair that flowed down her back in gentle waves.

Butch, the local butcher, was a tall and muscular man with a thick handlebar mustache that he twirled incessantly. His shop was situated in the heart of the village, and he always wore a bloodstained apron over his muscular chest, giving him an intimidating appearance.

The villagers of Amare were a friendly and tight-knit community. They were hardworking and industrious, and their love for Alexander and Anna was palpable. They respected Alexander for his altruism and devotion to caring for his ailing mother, and his playful and mischievous personality earned him the title of the village jester. He was loved by all, except for Butch, who remained stoic and stern, never showing any sign of amusement at Alexander's jests.

Anna's cotton gin mill was a small, one-room building that sat on the outskirts of the village. The mill was powered by a large wooden wheel that turned the gears and pulleys that spun the cotton into yarn. The walls were lined with shelves that held colorful bolts of fabric, and the floor was covered in a thick layer of cotton fluff.

As Anna's condition worsened, Alexander took over running the cotton mill and caring for his ailing mother. He would spend hours by her bedside, feeding her soup and brushing her silver hair with his fingers. Despite her frailty, Anna's voice remained strong, and she would teach Alexander everything she knew about colors, fabrics, spinning wheels, and weaving yarn into cloth.

In her final moments, Alexander sat next to his mother and held her cold hand as her hazel eyes took on a melancholic expression. He knew that she did not have much time left in this world, but he was grateful for the knowledge and love she had passed on to him.

As he sat beside his ailing mother, Alexander could barely make out her whispering, lisp voice due to her illness. Her heavy, almost hyperventilating breaths punctuated her words as she struggled to speak. Despite his concern, he urged her to save her energy, but she insisted that he needed to know the truth. Alex was puzzled. He had always been known as a village prankster who cared for everyone. What truth could his mother be referring to that was holding him back? "You are not who you are," she said cryptically. His confusion deepened, and he wondered what she meant. Before she could continue, she was overcome with coughs, and Alex had to lift her upright to give her some water to drink. Though he pleaded with her to rest for the sake of her health, she refused, insisting on revealing what she had started to say.

With her final words, Alex's mother gave him a strange and seemingly nonsensical request, "You must go to the Shula, speak with the Kohona Council, and tell them you are there to seek favor for Aliyahan." Although he knew her mind was fading, Alex couldn't ignore her dying wish.

"Promise me, Alexander, that you will do this for me," she pleaded. Despite his confusion, Alex knew he couldn't deny his mother's dying request, so he tearfully agreed, "I promise."

The small community was nestled in a valley, with the forest looming in the distance. The trees were a mix of evergreen and deciduous, their leaves rustling in the breeze. The sky was a deep blue, and the sun was beginning to set, casting a warm orange glow over the village. Despite the picturesque setting, the atmosphere was heavy with grief and sadness.