Chapter 2: The Kohana Council

From a very young age, Alex had a deep desire to explore the world beyond his village. However, he was well aware that the neighboring kingdoms were at war with one another, and the forest surrounding his village was teeming with dangers. Furthermore, Alex knew that there was a deep-seated animosity towards magic and those who possessed it, making it difficult for people like him to be accepted in the world outside his village, despite being loved and accepted in his own community.

Despite the many obstacles that stood in his way, Alex remained steadfast in his determination to fulfill his dream of traveling the world. Undeterred by the dangers of neighboring kingdoms at war and the prevalent prejudice against magic, Alex dedicated himself to studying maps and devising plans for his journey. Through hard work and persistence, Alex was determined to find a way to make his dream a reality.

As Alex journeyed towards the Kohana Council, a sense of nervousness crept over him. He had been informed of the Council's stringent dress code and was anxious to ensure that he presented himself in a well-groomed and appropriately dressed manner.

After spending hours getting ready, meticulously ensuring that every detail was perfect, Alex felt a sense of satisfaction knowing that he was well-prepared for his visit to the Kohana Council. As he recalled the Council's strict dress code, he knew that guests were required to wear all black or at least black with no other color except white, and their attire must cover them entirely from the neck to the feet. Although head coverings were optional, Alex decided against wearing one.

For his attire, Alex opted for a black cloak, black pants, and ankle-high leather shoes, accompanied by a white tunic. Even though he was a peasant with no money, he had managed to procure exceptional black clothing that would impress the Council. In addition, he took a single white lily from his mother's vase and carefully pinned it to his cloak, adding a touch of elegance to his outfit.

As Alex made his way down Lemming Street, his mind was heavy with grief over the loss of his beloved mother. He was still trying to come to terms with her passing, and the pain of her absence was a constant reminder of his loss. Despite his sorrow, he could feel the warmth of his mother's love radiating from the villagers around him. As he walked, he heard the words of condolences from the villagers, who spoke fondly of his mother's kind and gentle nature. Each expression of sympathy was met with a heartfelt "thank you" from Alex, who was deeply grateful for the love and respect his mother had earned from the village.

Located in the center of the entire capital village, the Kohana Council stands in the middle of Lemming Street. Further down the street, past the Kohana Council, there was the Valida Palace. It's built in such a way that makes it a special type of Shula. It was the villagers' ancestors who built the Shula only from marble, whereas everything else is made from stone and other natural resources, including the palace.

The palace was a grand and imposing structure, and Alex couldn't help but feel a sense of awe as he looked at it. He knew that the palace was home to the kingdom's ruler, the Valida King, who was known for his just and fair rule. He is to be known as King Rikijaz.

King Rikijaz was a ruler of the Ravenwood kingdom who was greatly respected by all who knew him. He was a just and righteous king, who always put the needs of his people first, and as a result, he was beloved by all. However, tragedy struck when his wife, Queen Wysteria, died during childbirth. The loss of his wife deeply saddened King Rikijaz, and he withdrew into himself, spending most of his days locked up in the castle, grieving the loss of his wife and child.

The love between King Rikijaz and Queen Wysteria was not merely a political arrangement, but a true and genuine love that had developed over the years. Their love was well-known throughout the kingdom, and the queen was particularly special because she was the only member of the royal family who possessed magic. Each spring, she would cause wisteria flowers to bloom around the castle walls, and the people would come and pick them for their gardens. Her name, Wysteria, was given to her because wisteria flowers bloomed every year on her birthday when she was born into her family in the Alexandra Kingdom.