Chapter 4: The Warning And The Plan

Lyra and Raven's faces were flushed, and their hair was disheveled from the run. Lyra was panting, and Raven was holding onto her side, trying to catch her breath. They looked like they had just run a marathon. Raven pounded on Alex's front door with all her might, causing the entire house to shake. Alex stumbled out of bed, still half-asleep and confused, and made his way to the door. As he opened it, Raven's wild hair and wide eyes greeted him. "Raven, what's going on?" he groggily asked.

"I'm sorry for waking you, Alex," Lyra said, panting. "But we need to talk. It's important." Lyra's voice quiver as she spoke, her gaze fixated on Alex's face. Her words reflected the seriousness of the situation, and her body language reflected her sense of impatience.

Alex stepped aside to let them into his medieval-style parlor, the beige walls adorned with tapestries depicting ancient battles. The dark wood floors were covered with a lion skin rug, adding to the room's rustic charm. They settled into the brown plush armchairs surrounding the roaring fireplace, the warmth a stark contrast to the seriousness of their conversation. Lyra began to explain the situation with Council Member Venice and her connections to Luminar. "We have reason to believe that Venice is working with Luminar to prevent your prophecy from coming true," Lyra said, her voice grave.

Raven added, "I followed Venice to an abandoned shack where she was meeting with four men from Luminar. They were talking about you and your prophecy, and Venice was warning them that they needed to hurry up with something."

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Alex asked the question with a touch of brusqueness, indicating that he was not pleased with the unexpected visitor. His perplexed expression made Raven realize that she needed to introduce herself. "Oh, forgive me, I am Lyra's confidant," she said with a sarcastic grin. "We've been working together for a while now. Don't worry, Alex, you're not hallucinating."

Lyra rolled her eyes at Raven's comment before continuing, "As Raven said, we have a reason to believe that Venice is working with Luminar to prevent your prophecy from coming true. We need to act fast before it's too late."

Alex's face turned pale as he listened to their words. "But why? Why would Venice do that? And why would Luminar be interested in me?"

Lyra took a deep breath before answering, "We don't know, but we suspect that it has something to do with your unique abilities and potential to fulfill the prophecy. It's possible that they see you as a threat to their plans, and they will stop at nothing to prevent it from happening."

Raven had just dropped a bombshell in Alex's living room, and the tension was palpable. She had mentioned that Council Member Venice had said something about Luminar's king not waiting for the Aliyahan to be destroyed, and Alex's mind was racing. Who was this king, and why would he be interested in the Aliyahan?

Alex turned to Raven and Lyra, his eyes wide with concern. "Who is this king?" he asked urgently.

Lyra took a deep breath and began to explain. "The king is young, about your age," she said, her voice low and serious. "He recently ascended to the throne after his father was assassinated. No one knows for sure how the previous king died."

The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on them all. If the new king of Luminar was involved in this, it could mean the end of everything they knew. Alex's mind raced as he tried to piece together the puzzle, but the answers eluded him.

Silence hung heavy in the medieval living room as they all contemplated the implications of Lyra's words. The fate of the Aliyahan and perhaps even their world hung in the balance.

-----------------

Lyra, Alex, and Raven spent countless hours huddled together, meticulously planning their strategy. It was imperative that they executed their plan with precision to avoid detection by Venice and her Luminar allies. Lyra proposed the idea of collecting evidence to prove Venice's ties to Luminar, while simultaneously devising a robust plan to safeguard Alex's well-being.