Chapter 05

Warning - Heavy angst and might contain content that trigger personal experiences. Read at your own risk! 🙌🚫

----------------------------------------------------------

Win's POV

"Luke..."

It has been years since that name came out of my lips and now it feels nothing but foreign except for the fact... my body still shrudders at the thoughts of him hitting me for every single thing. It is like I even feel the pain of those beatings like it is happening right now.

"Win, it has been a while."

Luke said almost in a whisper as he never moved from the basins and it was like letting me come in and telling me he don't dare to come near me anymore.

Good that.

"It has been."

I just replied trying my best to hold back the fear inside my system and he seems to notice it as he was extra cautious. His eyes were no longer of the man who looked like he could kill me for the simplest mistake and he no longer looked like the man who had the strength to hurt me. I don't know what changed, but I know, today he has only come for a closure. I can see that in his eyes.

"How have you been?"

"Better than I have ever been. Bright has been everything and the best thing that has ever happened in my life."

I replied, a little smile forming on my lips and every word I said, I meant it with all my heart.

"Oh, he sure has. I knew the moment he would be that ideal person to take care of you the moment he punched me on the face in the middle of the road and warned me to stay away from you unless I want my family bankrupt."

Wait, what?

So that is why Luke never searched for me again. Is it bad that I have this huge urge to laugh my ass out? I mean, not the best time, I know.

I don't know about what I should worry about more though. The fact that Bright got violent because of me or the fact that he used his family power to threaten Luke so I can live in peace. Both of them are rare happenings...

But yeah, he have done all the rare things for me so not much of a surprise.

"You really love him, don't you? The moment I mentioned his name, you just lost yourself in smiles and never came back"

Luke slightly chuckled giving me that intent look but I cannot help but notice a slight glint of sadness in his eyes. I can sense a lot of things which I would be happy if I was the Win two years ago but now... I feel nothing. I guess, by the time some people want to fix their bond with us, we don't even want to deal with them anymore.

"That is how I have always been Luke. When I love someone, I lose myself in them in a way I can never come back. Aren't you the one who knows this the most?"

I couldn't help but raise my eyebrow at him and though I don't love him anymore, the pain he inflicted to me when I truly loved him was just something... that is hard for me to get over. If I was him, I would never have the courage to see me again. Not after doing all that.

"Win..."

For the first time ever since we met, his feet stepped towards me and I instinctively stepped back. Seeing that, he abruptly stopped on his spot, his eyes going through a spectrum of pain.

"Luke, let's finish this quickly. Bright is waiting for me back in the lounge and I don't want to keep him waiting."

"A little time, Win. Spare me a little time. Please..."