12|Aquatic Sea

Not one step into Ambrette Town, Valerie heard the positive chatter of the gym leader

Not one step into Ambrette Town, Valerie heard the positive chatter of the gym leader. Her ears listened at how the person in charge would scale depending on how they viewed the trainer battling them---which makes her smile. Her partner--Zororak, will have fun with this one.

The jagged exterior of the town, with houses built with redwood, and in front of them lay the view of the glistening ocean. Valerie's eyes lingered to the ocean view, as she noticed people dressed in modest clothing...reminding her of her hometown. Kids were running around, letting out laughs and joys, as pokemon followed in pursuits. It's...as if nothing ever happened in Kalos---and this was their life. Enjoying the days passed by.

The thoughts of a new gym leader made Ash look at his partner in his shoulder---his smile was contagious as the sun, as they ventured more into the town. His mind circled around which pokemon he would want to use against the gym leader, or would he use his key stone.

Valerie's curiosity lingered as her eyes were fixated on the ocean, before asking," Is there a water type pokemon with a claw...around her. My friend told me that it's usually in coastal Kalos.. "

Clemont looked at her, fixing his askew glasses from falling, as he began to think of the pokemon she was mentioning. His eyes lit up as he replied with," Are you referring to a Clauncher? Then, they should appear here."

'So that's the pokemon she told me about."

Valerie's eyes noticed her left sleeve was shorter than her right, before letting out a small sigh. Her right hand tugged the cuff from her left side before joy grabbed her lips to form a small smile.

Walking deeper into the small town, the smell of the ocean mixed with the lingering lavender from nearby shops, captivated Valerie's nose. The temptation of looking at the items a vendor could have raised in her mind before hearing the voice of Ash speaking, confidence in his tone," Let's head to the gym first!"

Pikachu mimicked the energy of his trainer as he had one of his tiny paws up in the air. Serena giggled, seeing how his trusty partner was like his trainer---and Bonnie elbowed her as the honey blonde glanced at the young trainer who gave her a smirk.

Bonnie and her antics are always something that makes Serena's face erupted with red tints around her face. A laugh escaped from Bonnie's lips until she felt the glaring from her bespectacled brother, before letting a huff out.

Valerie tilted her head, confused by Ash's words. Putting her hands on her side as she asked," Don't you need eight badges?"

To her, hearing that Ash doesn't need the badge, but he wants to challenge her, made her questioned. Doesn't he need eight to compete in the league? Biting her lip as she stood confused before Clemont explained,

"Well, ya see....the champion had nulled all of the people who joined the league when the Kalos Crisis happened. So, Ash is able to use his eight badges from his journey two years ago."