Part one

"Finally!"  Mia sighed as she stepped out of the Orphanage door with a suitcase in her hand and a backpack on her back. 
"no more moldy beds, no more cardboard-flavored lunches and no more being the target of gossip...I'm free!"  Mia drew in the fresh outside air. She stepped out of the gate of the orphanage and stayed to look at it one last time. 
"Goodbye, you rotting piece of shit" She whispered and started walking to the nearest bus stop.  After waiting for a while, the bus arrived.  Mia got in and sat in the front seat, placing her backpack on her lap and her suitcase on the seat next to her.  The driver turned to Mia. 
"Where is the young lady going?" 
" Where are you going?" 
"To California"
"There then" Mia said and took off her jacket revealing a MYCARUBA shirt. 
"I guess you're a Game Grumps fan?" 
"I am," Mia said as she dug out her phone and headphones from her backpack.  "They've kept me alive"
"Hard life?"
"No more"
"For life!"  the driver said and raised the coffee mug in the air and drank from it. 
"For life" Mia said and put the headphones on her ears and played the song "Kiss from a rose" to which she fell asleep.

Couple hours later driver shakes Mia awake.

"Wake up, sleeper" The driver said with a smile.  It was getting evening.  "we are there" Mia rubbed her eyes and started collecting her things.
"Listen, do you have a place to stay?"  The driver asked
"No I don't " Mia said putting her backpack on her back. " But I'm very sure I'm gonna find some place to sleep tonight"
"I have a relative who would take you for a few nights"
Mia looked at the driver in wonder. 
"Really?" 
"Sure! Here is her number and you can call her right away" The driver gave a note to Mia who accepted it. Mia stepped off the bus into the cold alley of California and turned to the driver. 
"Why do you want to help me?"  Mia asked "You don't know me, do you?" The driver smiled at her. 
"It doesn't matter if you are unknown or familiar.  I want to help those who need help. That's who I am"
The door of the bus closed and it went away.  Mia stood alone in the alley with a note in her hand.  He opened the note and read it.
Suzy Berhow.