~Mother~

I smile as I watch Eddie and Dustin roughhousing on the grass.

I know I promised Eddie that I would stay alive but I can't shake the feeling that something terrible is going to happen.

I can't help but worry for what's about to come.

"Hey guys, I'll be right back." I say to Robin and Steve, who nod in acknowledgment.

I walk behind the RV, out of sight from everyone before I take out the silver ring in my pocket.

It has a beautiful red gemstone sitting on top. When I saw it I was immediately reminded of Eddie.

I run my fingers over it a few times before sending a wave of my power into it.

I place the ring back into my pocket before making my way over to Eddie.

I sit down beside him as he rambled off to Dustin about how Dio practically invented rock and roll.

I decide to catch him by surprise so I interrupt him in the middle of his speech.

"Marry me."

He immediately stops talking and turns to me in shock.

Dustin clears his throat. "Well, that's my cue to go." He says before getting up and walking over to Lucas and Erica.

"W-What?" Eddie stumbles on his words.

I smirk at him. "You heard me, let's get married." I tell him as I slide the ring out of my pocket and hold it in the air.

Eddie stares at me silently before breaking down in tears and wrapping me up in a huge hug.

Once he pulls away I smile at him nervously. "Look, I know it's really soon, considering we just confessed our feelings, but I'm one hundred percent certain that you're the guy I wanna spend the rest of my life with and we could wait, but what if we don't make it back, and I don't wanna lo-"

he cuts off my rambling with a passionate kiss.

"I wanna marry you so bad." He whispers as he pulls away.

I smile and he gives me a grin big enough to match my own.

"We'll be back, guys!!" He yells at everyone before grabbing my hand and taking off.

I laugh as he drags me behind him.

•••••

I shake nervously as Max calls out to Vecna.

She goes on about how Vecna was right and how Max was relieved when Billy died. I felt a pang in my heart for that girl because I know exactly how she feels.

She finishes talking and her eyes almost immediately roll to the back of her head.

"He has her." I hear El whisper in my mind.

It's time.

I close my eyes and enter Max's mind.

I barely get a chance to do anything before I'm being strangled by the vines of my own father.

"You ever wonder about your mother, Aaron?" I gasp for air but get nothing. "She was gorgeous."

"Chocolate brown eyes, curly brown hair like yours." He lists. "Jesse Henderson was beautiful." He continues on and my eyes widen in surprise.

He smirks at me as my face turns purple. "Too bad I had to kill her." He whispers in my ear.

The anger only makes me stronger. I reach deep down into my power and hit him with a strong blast.

He falls down but it doesn't take long for him to get back up. "Aaron...you were never meant to live."

I shiver as a terrible feeling rushes through my spine. Images flash through my mind and I try to fight them off with little success.

A beautiful women in a lab coat approaches Henry. "Hi, I'm Jesse." She tells him with a breathtaking smile.

Just looking at her makes Aaron's eyes fill up with tears.

"Follow me." She says before walking out of the rainbow room with a slightly younger looking Henry.

She brings him into a private room and tells him to take a seat.

Henry is scared, thinking that he did something wrong and was about to get another beating.

"One," she whispers sweetly in his ear. "Relax."

Henry feels his body involuntary relax and as much as he wants to feel panicked, he can't help but feel calm.

She pulls back her sleeve to reveal a tattoo labelled, 000. "I'm like you, One. I can control emotions."

Henry stares at her in shock. "Are you going to hurt me?" He barely whispers back.

She laughs and the sound is like music to his ears. "I'm here to help you escape."

The image gets blurry as Henry's voice echos in my ear. "A year later she did help me escape..." he trails off for a moment. "Your mother distracted the guards and I killed every man in that building except for papa...but Jesse only saw evil in me."

Another image pops up in my mind.

My mother and father stand together in the forest, covered in blood.

She's yelling at him and he's getting angry. "I'm serious Henry!! I'm pregnant and I can't live with you and this child if you don't stop with the constant Revenge!!!"

"I never said I wanted a kid, Jess!!!" My mother freezes at his words. "I love you, Jesse!! Not some stupid kid that will bring us nothing but stress!!!"

Tears form in her eyes. "H-how could you?" Her voice cracks.

The image disappears.

"You know what your bitch of a mother did after that?" He seethes and my hands ball into fists. "She called the lab and turned us both in.

While your mother was pregnant, she was protected fiercely. However once you were born, no one cared whether she lived or died. She was an easy target."

He smirks. "I was going to kill you right after. I tried but you fought back with powers of your own." He explains. "That's when I knew that you would be very useful to me someday."

"I raised you secretly in that lab so that I could make you into my pawn." His smirk quickly changed into a frown. "It was all for nothing once I learned how similar you were to your mother." He seethes.

"Now you must die too."