Chapter 35

Chapter 35

"Mom..”

Bumungad sa akin si Mom kinabukasan ng hapon after classes. After what happened last time, she often goes here to check me just like this time even if she just came from meetings with Dad.

"Rylan called me. Ano ba talagang nangyari sa inyo?" Lumingon kaagad ako kay Mom nang makapasok siya sa unit.

I sighed as I prepared her some snacks. "He cheated on me, Mom. He had a fuck buddy. Ngayon, buntis na ang babae so I let go of him. He has to own up his mistakes..”

I didn't expect her reaction when she stood up and came near me. She even held my shoulders. Gulat na gulat ang mukha ni Mom nang makita ko.

"H-He did that to you?” she asked. Alam kong hindi siya naniniwala. When I nodded, tears immediately fell from her eyes — which I didn't really expect. "Kailan mo pa nalaman 'to? Why didn't you tell me right away?!”

I looked away when I saw her tears again. Kumikislap 'yon sa mata ko. Our breakup didn't really that painful for me but seeing her hurting like this in front of me — I can say that this is quite painful.. and bothering.

"I think, last week. I didn't tell you 'cause for sure, you won't believe me. Gustong-gusto mo si Rylan para sa akin kaya---”

"I like him for you because I know that he's wealthy enough to provide your needs once you get married. I'm just concerned about you and your future, anak," kalmado pero umiiyak pa ring sabi ni Mom. "But not because I like Rylan for you, it doesn't mean that I won't believe you. Lalo na kapag ganitong niloko ka niya.

"He didn't tell me everything when he called me, darling.. and I'm sorry because I didn't protect you from him. Hindi ko alam ang nangyari. Hindi ko alam," she even added as another batch of tears came out of her eyes.

Natahimik ako. Hindi ako sanay na umiiyak siya. She's always calm as much as possible and she always holds back her feelings. This is, I think the first time that I saw her in tears.

"'Wag na lang nating pag-usapan 'to, Mom. Please?” I told her and continued what I was doing a while ago. Naiwan naman sa ere ang kamay niyang humahaplos sa buhok ko kanina.

Kumunot naman ang noo ko nang sundan ko siya ng tingin habang paupo sa couch. It's like I'm looking at the other version of my mother because of her reaction.

I'm also a bit worried because I know her, she will do anything for me. Alam kong may gagawin siya. Kung hindi kay Rylan, sa babae but I don't want to stop her anymore. It's her choice, anyway and at the second thought, Rylan will also finally stop from bothering me if ever she'll do something.

"Your Tito Fredrick.. how is he? Is he nice to you?"

I raised my brow because of her sudden change of mood. "Uh, yeah. I'm somehow comfortable with him and he even brought us foods here last time..”