4

-

-

3RD PERSON POV:

Today is a free day for all the members. Haechan is hanging out with the dreamies. Mark, Jaehyun and Taeyong went out to eat and go bowling afterwards. Taeil and Johnny left early to shop and visit places. Jungwoo went to hangout with Sungchan as it's been a while since both of them are free on the same day. Yuta said he was going to show shotaro around and was nowhere to be found ever since everyone woke up. Doyoung? for the hundred times is left alone again in their dorm. No one asked him to hangout and asked if he wants to eat with them or even tell him if they're going out.

And to think that today is his birthday yet he's alone. With nothing to do, Doyoung decided to go out by himself thinking that maybe he could use this time to celebrate his birthday alone and forget about the happenings of the past few weeks. His ankle was all healed up as well.

-Flashback-

A few days after the award show, Doyoung was alone in the practice room trying to perfect the dance they were practicing that day. His manager was with him. There was a jump part in the choreography he's dancing, therefore when he landed after jumping, he accidentally landed on the foot that was injured and fell. His manager ran to him and quickly brought him to the hospital.

The doctor said that he should rest for a few weeks and that he's lucky because it wasn't that serious. When the members found out about it they were all mad at doyoung because they have to halt their group activities as he is injured. Everyone focused on their individual work and were busy except for Doyoung.

He tried convincing their manager that he can continue working and Taeil heard it, "Doyoung just stay in the dorms, your injured"

'Is hyung worried about me?' staring at his hyung.

"You're just going to get in the way"

'Ohhh.......I'm getting in the way? What did I even expect', after that he stopped asking his manager and just wished for his ankle to heal faster.

-End of flashback-

Today is Doyoung's birthday but none of his members greeted him. His manager, parents, brother and the other Nct members did greet him and yes he's happy that they did but his members seems to forgot that he even existed. Not even a simple text message.

He couldn't celebrate his birthday with his parents because they're out of the country right now and his brother is currently in the military. So he was actually planning to celebrate it with his members but seeing as to how they have their own plans already and forgot his birthday, guess he's gonna celebrate it alone this year.

.

.

.

It was 1pm when he left the dorm. He's planning to eat lunch first before shopping and visiting places he hasn't visited in seoul. He saw that there is mcdonald nearby so he decided to just eat that since it's his favorite. There's no point in eating in fancy places anyways when he's by himself.

He entered the store and was queueing to order when someone tapped his shoulder. He turned around and saw a masked man, 'did he recognise me? Is he a saesang? I should get out of here', he started panicking, the latter pull down his mask and smiled. "Hi Doyoung hyung, do you remember me? It's me Jihoon" smiling at Doyoung. He let out a sigh of relief, "Oh yes Jihoon I remember you. I wanna say thank you again for that day" he said bowing slightly.

"It's nothing. By the way are you alone?"

"Yeah today is our day off actually"

"Ohh I see..uh hyung do you wanna like uh c-come with me uh i mean like today is my day off too and uhh do you mind if i join you?", scratching his head in embarrassment.

"Hahaha you don't have to be nervous", making Doyoung to chuckle slightly and patting the latter's shoulder. "I don't mind", Doyoung thought that maybe he could use some company "And that is if you don't mind as well", smiling towards Jihoon.

They are now eating together having small conversations here and there which made Doyoung's day better even if it's just for a little bit. "I actually wanted to be your friend for a really long time now", this caught doyoung off guard "hm?"

"Hyung I don't know if you remember me but I was an SM trainee once", Jihoon said smiling at Doyoung 'SM trainee? Wonbin? hmmm huh?' he looked up and met Jihoon's eyes "wait- are you Hoonie?!" with eyes wide open, covering his mouth.

"Hahahaha hyung you remembered me"

-Flashback-

It was the second year of Doyoung as a trainee. Their trainer announced that there will be a new trainee name Jihoon joining them soon.

When the new trainee arrived a week after, he looked very young and timid. The boy would always sit alone in one corner and hardly talk to anyone. Being the shy kid he is he would practice and eat by himself. Doyoung saw him and he knew he had to befriend the kid.

Doyoung would always sit with him and talk to him even if he won't say anything back. As time pass by Jihoon slowly open up to Doyoung and soon they became very close. Doyoung treated him like a younger brother and cared for him dearly, calling each other by nicknames (Hoonie and Youngie hyung). When there is Doyoung expect that there will be Jihoon as well.

One day, Doyoung came back after not attending practice for a week due to him getting sick, Jihoon was nowhere to be found. He asked everyone but no one knows where he is. He tried calling the number Jihoon gave him but no one is answering the call.

Doyoung doesn't know where he is even after he debuted in Nct.

-End of flashback-

"Oh my god it's really you!! It's been like what 7? 8? years since I last saw you. You just suddenly disappeared one day.......what happened?"

"Sorry hyung.......actually I was in an accident while practicing during those days you were gone and the doctors told me that my legs won't work the same as before anymore, so i gave up my dream of becoming an idol. I quit and told them not to tell anyone. Mianhae..", Jihoon looking at doyoung with guilty eyes.

"You know you could've just told me, I was so worried. You didn't even say goodbye...."

"But hyung, i've been supporting you ever since your debut. When I gave up my dream, I was so lost that I didn't know what to do with my life anymore. But I saw you, I saw your first performance when you debut, you were shining on stage, you look so free. You gave me inspiration hyung, a will to start something new in my life again" 'I was an inspiration to someone?', Doyoung thought.

"Even though I can't be an idol anymore, I found a way to still be with music. So wait for me hyung, I'll make sure I'll become the best producer and make music for you", smiling widely at Doyoung.

'I'll look forward to that'

"By the way hyung, isn't today your birthday? Happy birthday Youngie hyung!! Sorry I don't have a cake or present for you"

"Thank you Hoonie!! Just finally seeing you again is enough for me," this is the first time after so long that Doyoung felt happiness and love again.

-