18

McGonagall looked furious, as did Severus. Professors Sprout and Flitwick looked unbothered by the scene before them. Severus and Edan met eyes briefly before he looked towards a small group of Slytherins with a scowl. "Back to your dormitories!" McGonagall shouted at them all.

As the students filed out Professor Flitwick stopped each of them to write their names down on a slip of parchment. Detention was surely going to be handed out to all those in attendance. Fred and George attempted to keep Edan upright as they made their way to the door. She hadn't planned on drinking so much but nevertheless she was quite intoxicated.

As the three of them approached the Professors McGonagall stopped them. "Ms Wilkies, stay behind please." She said curtly.

The boys frowned but departed without her. Edan looked around to see she was not the only student they'd asked to stay. A number of those ordered to stay were unfamiliar to Edan but Oliver Wood stood beside her. He was swaying on his feet slightly, clearly as drunk as her or even more so. 

McGonagall stood before them. "It is one thing to attend an unauthorized party but to be noticeably inebriated is a disgrace! We expect more from you students. Everyone will be receiving detention but this group will be awarded with extra sessions! Now, get back to your dormitories this instant!" She shouted. 

Edan hung her head. She was disappointed that the evening had ended so terribly. Although detention had been handed out she didn't have any regrets about attended, though Edan did wish she hadn't drank so much. 

"Minerva, I would like a word with Ms Wilkies regarding the expectation of her apprenticeship. As well as additional punishment I will be awarding her." Severus glared at Edan. 

McGonagall hesitated for a moment but nodded her head in agreement. 

Once everyone had exited the shack Severus turned to face Edan. He crossed his arms and sighed. "Must you always take things to the extreme?" 

"You knew I would be drinking!" Edan exclaimed. 

Severus approached her to get in her face. "Yes. I had hoped you'd be smart enough to not become so pissed! I expect more of you Edan. I don't even want to imagine how much more you would of consumed had Ms Spinnet not alerted Minerva to the party." 

Edan groaned. Of course Alicia had ratted them all out. It was a stupid thing for her to do. Everyone would be furious with her by morning. "What a prat! She was here as well!" Edan shouted throwing her arms into the air out of frustration. "It was her own fault Angelina snapped! It's such rubbish. I've never done anything to her until she began attacking me. I'm tired of her stupid comments about me and you. It's not my fault George doesn't fancy her!"

He raised an eyebrow at her. "What has she said now?"

Edan sat down on one of the raggedy couches then gave Severus the rundown of the encounter with Alicia. Severus nodded along as she spoke. "I can't stand her." Edan slouched down into the couch throwing her arm over her eyes. 

Severus exhaled deeply. "No ones incorrect assessment of our relationship matters. Aside from The Weasley's and the Headmaster. I urge you to ignore these accusations in the future." 

"I'll do my best." 

Edan rose to her feet then followed Severus through the tunnel. "Stop stealing my style." Severus said with an amused smirk on his face. 

A laugh escaped from Edan. "Why? It looks better on me!" 

The next morning Edan woke with terrible nausea and a pounding headache. This was her first experience with a hangover. She dressed in her typical attire then made her way down to the Great Hall for Breakfast.  While devouring a plate of eggs and bacon a large barn owl plopped down on the table. Edan removed the letter attached to its leg and offered it a treat. The owl flew off. She knew immediately the letter was from Remus. Her name was written in his handwriting.